PDA

View Full Version : I can not Crank it down

Ken-S
01-17-2007, 06:04 AM
I crank my unit all the way up to do a good cleaning of the system. When I went to crank it down it will not more. All it does is make a clicking sound. It sounds like when you crank it down to your board and it locks into place. Any Help? Is there a lock into place and need to be unlock?

Aaron B
01-17-2007, 06:12 AM
Once cranked all the way up like you have (which is to far) you have to help it back down. In the owners manual it gives you the procedure for this, I don't have it in front of me so I am not sure what page its on, but its there.

Here I found another thread on it.
http://carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=234&highlight=crank[/url]

Ron Smith
01-17-2007, 07:08 AM
Make sure when you hand turn the head to get it to lower that after you lower it, level the head back up with the other side. Remember, or jot down, how many turns you turned it to get it to lower, then reverse it the same number to level. If you don't, it could effect your carving quality, plus if it's too much, it could bind the head when using the hand crank. I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but it is very important to get the head level again.

Ron

BobHill
01-17-2007, 09:09 AM
Aaron,

The tall screw rod on the back right side of the machine (looking at the cover) has a hole in it about two or three inches up from the belts. Use a small screw driver or rod and twist it CW (i believe). It usually takes less than a full revolution to allow the crank to once again work to move the top down.

Bob

The Bard
01-20-2007, 11:51 PM
I tell everyone to leave half an inch of the guide poles showing from the top and you'll have no problems.