PDA

View Full Version : Hello & Question on Carvewright footprint !!

Brad Wardman
08-27-2011, 08:44 PM
Hello all. I will be ordering my Carvewright this coming week and have a question. I see the dimensions of the unit in the online manual, but am wondering what the actual "footprint" size is...ie: the size that actually sits on the bench. I am asking as I want to get a proper bench built & ready before it arrives. Also, at what height do you have your bench at ??

Lastly, if someone does want to give me the actual overall dimension when looking from the control panel, that would be great...as in, when facing the CP, what is the length (L to R/w/ & w/o the wings), the depth (Front to back) and the height. I see the "width" & "depth" in the description, but cant figure which is which.

Thanks...Look forward to getting the machine...have already read all the tips & troubleshooting here on the forum. Should have a good start.
Brad

gregsolano
08-27-2011, 10:32 PM
ok, the length is 24 inches this includes the parts that stub out on one side for the control panel and on the other side for the bit holder.
The width is 18 inches not including the board supports (wings) but this does include the mounts for the supports. When you include the complete supports (wings) the width goes to 34.5 inches
The machine height is 16 inches but goes up to 22.5 inches when you include the flex shaft height.
My machine is on a rolling cart that is 37.5 inches high which works well for me.

Brad Wardman
08-27-2011, 11:21 PM
Thanks all...this is what I was looking for !!
Brad