PDA

View Full Version : Somebody looking for a project

Hide-it
01-16-2007, 10:44 PM
I'm looking for someone with the Carve wright system that might be interested in producing high volume inside and outside corners for moulding project.

Yearly 10,000 pices and growing

If you have an interest you can visit www.hideitmoulding.com to see scope of project.

Damon Bailey

RogersWoodWorks.com
01-28-2007, 01:51 PM
Let's talk.

pkunk
01-28-2007, 02:02 PM
I'd advise not. The CW wasn't designed for this kind of volume work and commercial use would assuridly void any warantee and support.

RogersWoodWorks.com
01-28-2007, 02:32 PM
I'd advise not. The CW wasn't designed for this kind of volume work and commercial use would assuridly void any warantee and support.

Well, thanks for that advice, but who said I have to use the CarveWright to do the job. I have not even received my CarveWright yet.

John
01-28-2007, 08:59 PM
edited

pkunk
01-28-2007, 09:31 PM

WHAT?? Pkunk, you must have voided your warranty long ago. You were bragging somewhere, some months ago, that "one" job paid for the machine!! As I recall that job was "volume" and "commercial."
Maybe I'm a Beta tester & didn't buy from Sears. Hey, I only tell it like it is. Sounds to me like the guys w/o machines would like to run the forum for their own personal profit. Go for it. You get out of hand and you're gone.

RogersWoodWorks.com
01-28-2007, 10:20 PM

WHAT?? Pkunk, you must have voided your warranty long ago. You were bragging somewhere, some months ago, that "one" job paid for the machine!! As I recall that job was "volume" and "commercial."
Maybe I'm a Beta tester & didn't buy from Sears. Hey, I only tell it like it is. Sounds to me like the guys w/o machines would like to run the forum for their own personal profit. Go for it. You get out of hand and you're gone.

I hope this is not directed at me.

Any way I am still interested in what Hide-it posted so contact me if you still need help with that.

My plans for the carvewright are to use the photo feature and make signs for friends and family. I am on this forum to try and learn more about the machine.

rgant05
01-28-2007, 10:32 PM
I would think that particular items would be something that a little bit of tooling would be better done on a drill press or a lathe or hand router.... or a combination of more than one. My impression of the CarveWright is that it is best suited for one of a kind complex items (although maybe done several times), but not really a production producer.

John
01-29-2007, 01:05 PM
"Hey, I only tell it like it is. Sounds to me like the guys w/o machines would like to run the forum for their own personal profit. Go for it. You get out of hand and you're gone."

Just so those that may be contemplating a purchase at Sears understand this, if you purchase a compucarve, and use it for "volume work and commercial use", you will 1) void the warranty provided by Sears, and 2) void the support provided by Carvewright. Is this what "You get out of hand and you're gone." means?

Maybe someone from Carvewright could clarify this?

menewfy
01-29-2007, 01:44 PM
Just so those that may be contemplating a purchase at Sears understand this, if you purchase a compucarve, and use it for "volume work and commercial use", you will 1) void the warranty provided by Sears, and 2) void the support provided by Carvewright. Is this what "You get out of hand and you're gone." means?

Maybe someone from Carvewright could clarify this?

I am not form carvewright, but I will add 2 cents worth.

what I believe he meant and only he can say for sure is that

if the person who was looking to have the work done or people liek him get out of hand he will be gone.

this is a forum for people who either own or want to own perhaps even interested in the machine not a forum for people looking to exploit people who own. I dont hink this person was looking to exploit (a little too strong a word) but I think if he thought it would be worth it to someone he would buy his own machine and do the work or have an employee do the work.

that being said it might not be a bad idea to add another section on the forum for people to ask for smaller jobs to be done say for example if I had an item in mind and thought it would look good in wood as if someone whould do it for me, not a bad idea.

i guess it would have to be say a max of three pieces or something just to keep it under control.

just my thought sorry for stepping on toes if I did.