PDA

View Full Version : sneak peak at new project of the month.

rickyz
08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
any news on what next months pom is going to be????? the last four have been great.... can't wait for the next one..... I also wanted to thank the creators who spend so much time on them... simply awesome!!!!!:)

lynnfrwd
08-25-2011, 12:26 AM
Michael usually sends it to me around the 25 or 26 each month and he puts on here sometimes before I even get it. I thought at first you were him posting it. Guess we all have to wait a day or two more....

mtylerfl
08-25-2011, 06:44 AM
Howdy,

The preview is delayed a bit. I had a certain project pretty much ready to go, but "shifted gears" and changed my mind to a different project after a few days into the original one. I think you'll enjoy the "new" project even better! (hint... it is Autumn-themed).

Smoken D
08-25-2011, 08:42 AM
Gotta love it. Guys into a project real deep, then another project popps into their mind, then another, and another. One thing leads to another. Then its the month's end and gotta hurry and finish a project to have it posted. Problems, problems, you guys crack me up how your minds work. I am so simple my mind is always in the stuck mode. Don't even own a cell phone. But thank goodness for you guys or the CW would not even exist!!!!

dbfletcher
08-25-2011, 08:46 AM
Sure... go ahead and run autumn in. Im not ready for it yet. I still want to hold on to summer thank you very much....

mtylerfl
08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Gotta love it. Guys into a project real deep, then another project popps into their mind, then another, and another. One thing leads to another. Then its the month's end and gotta hurry and finish a project to have it posted. Problems, problems, you guys crack me up how your minds work. I am so simple my mind is always in the stuck mode. Don't even own a cell phone. But thank goodness for you guys or the CW would not even exist!!!!

Yes, my trouble is too many ideas and can't make up my mind sometimes. I can't even tell you how many projects have been started and waiting in the wings to be finished up! Better if I only had one idea at a time, I think!

Sure... go ahead and run autumn in. Im not ready for it yet. I still want to hold on to summer thank you very much....

Man, I agree with that! (I don't like it when the days start getting shorter.) Blame my wife (and a couple forum members)...they reminded me autumn will be upon us in a few short weeks...hence the revised "theme" project!

b.sumner47
08-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Michael T, I'm not ready for autunm yet. I'm just getting ready for the hurricane this weekend. Wish me luck, I'm from the armpit of Cape Cod. That's where I live,look at Cape Cod as if it's an arm. That's me in the armpit. Where the CC Canal is, at the west end. Capt Barry

mtylerfl
08-25-2011, 10:20 PM
Michael T, I'm not ready for autunm yet. I'm just getting ready for the hurricane this weekend. Wish me luck, I'm from the armpit of Cape Cod. That's where I live,look at Cape Cod as if it's an arm. That's me in the armpit. Where the CC Canal is, at the west end. Capt Barry

Praying the hurricane hooks farther east into the Atlantic... far away from you!

bayea
08-26-2011, 09:04 PM
so how long are you going to keep us hangin ??????? :-)

mtylerfl
08-27-2011, 11:22 AM
so how long are you going to keep us hangin ??????? :-)

As long as I possibly can!

bayea
08-29-2011, 03:05 PM
come on Michael. . . . i got a nice piece of wood just waiting. . . . . . lol

mtylerfl
08-29-2011, 08:14 PM
come on Michael. . . . i got a nice piece of wood just waiting. . . . . . lol

You will need three pieces!...

.75" x 9.2" x 24" (two of these)
.75" x 5.5" x 24" (one of these)

Ok...here is a sneak preview of the sneak preview. (see photo below)

I'll get the final finished photos done tomorrow and post a "proper" preview. We're not getting any rain (which we desperately need), but our high humidity delays drying of the finish big time! I could have kept the finish simple - but, noooo...I had to get "fancy" on my sample and have multiple drying stages before moving to the next stage. (Kept trying to bring inside to dry, but my precious wife said I was poisoning us with the fumes - so back to the garage it went!)

liquidguitars
08-29-2011, 08:44 PM
That came out very nice!!

Kenm810
08-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Really a First Class Project!!

LittleRedWoodshop
08-29-2011, 09:22 PM
So does that make set of 3 wreaths ..... very nice.

bayea
08-29-2011, 09:33 PM
ooh nice! where do i pay??? :-)

rickyz
09-24-2011, 11:15 PM
i would love to see a pom for halloween? probably not, but one can hope......