PDA

View Full Version : And one more newbie!

Autodoc
01-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Finally got my sign on -- been waiting two weeks to get this.

I have been using the demo and have already created some projects - but wont be able to order my machine till Feb (2 weeks before ordering and then the wait begins!) That's OK - here in SoCal it's too damn cold to work in the shop - no heat and overnight temps of 10^ - that ani't good!

Wayne
(singing off key) a carving we will go, a carving we will go....

Dan-Woodman
01-16-2007, 09:34 PM
Autodoc
Please note that carvewright recomends 60--100 degree temp. range for this machine.

Malfunction
01-17-2007, 06:59 AM
i live in the san joaquin valley and it gets cold in the winter time to over 100 degrees in the summer time. i'll probably have to keep my new baby in the house when it finally gets in my possession. looks like the wife and kid has some new competition for daddy's love :lol: .

BobHill
01-17-2007, 09:03 AM
Put a ceiling fan in the top of your shop and that should take care of both hot and cold ... on a scale, of course, but that's how it works for the orange groves. I used to travel the valley all the time between Orange County and Sacramento ... it did get a tad warm. I had my shop in the garage (Irvine) and had them put in an AC duct which made it great year round. Here in Florida I did the same thing, although mostly the problem here isn't heat as much as humidity.

Bob

Autodoc
01-17-2007, 10:36 AM
I have a small ceramic heater I can put in the cabinet to keep the tools warm -- I just put it on low and it keeps everything nice and toasty warm all night -- also makes a great hand warmer if I have to go out there to find something.

If you don't have room for a heater, or want something that doesn't use that much power you can mount a low wattage hallagon bulb in your cabinet. I have used a 20 or 25 watt light in the past and it also worked great.

Happy carving to all!

Jon Jantz
01-17-2007, 10:46 AM
Malfunction, what part of the San Joaquin valley do you live in? My grandparents and a bunch of aunts and uncles live there so I get out there pretty often...

Jon Jantz
01-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Sorry, Autodoc...

Didn't mean to highjack your thread.

Welcome to the forum!

Jon

Autodoc
01-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Sorry, Autodoc...

Didn't mean to highjack your thread.

Welcome to the forum!

Jon

No problem - we're all one big dysfunctional family here :D

Digitalwoodshop
01-18-2007, 09:13 PM
Welcome to Carve Wright Anonymous. CWA

My Name is AL. Hello AL.....

An incomplete list of 12-Step-Groups:

AA - Alcoholics Anonymous
ACOA - Adult Children of Alcoholics [1]
ADD-Anonymous - for people suffering from ADD [2]
Al-Anon/Alateen
AAA - All Addictions Anonymous [3]
Anti-Nutrient Addicts Anonymous (aka as Sucrose and/or Junk Food addicts anonymous) [4]
BA - Borderliners Anonymous (German) [5]
CA - Cocaine Anonymous
CDA - Chemically Dependent Anonymous [6]
CEA - Compulsive Eaters Anonymous [7]
CLA - Clutterers Anonymous [8]
CMA - Crystal Meth Anonymous
CoDA - Codependents Anonymous
COSLAA - Codependents of Sex and Love Addicts Anonymous [9]
COSA - Codependents of Sex Addicts [10]
CWA - Carve Wright Anonymous
DRA - Dual Recovery Anonymous [11]
DA - Debtors Anonymous
DA - Depressed Anonymous [12]
DCWA - Depressed Carve Wright Anonymous (Waiting for Parts)
OFOOCWA - Obsessed Future Owners of Carve Wright Anonymous

It's been 6 Days since I Carved my last Sign..... LOL..... AL

WAY too much time on my hands.... I need a Carve Wright.... To GO.