PDA

View Full Version : Cedar Woodgrain Pattern

cseidler
08-22-2011, 02:42 PM

Howdy! I'm trying to locate a cedar "sandblasted" woodgrain pattern (see photo), please!, that can be saved in to "Favorites" and used as a texture in an oval shape. The desired texture/pattern needs to allow variable depths and other patterns placed on top of the woodgrain. If you have a cedar woodgrain pattern, please let me know! Carl

Kenm810
08-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Hi Carl,

This is a small version of what I think your talking about
I've been doing mine this way -- you can reverse engineer it
and make it the depth, size, shape, and add text as you need.

Alan Malmstrom
08-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Here is a line pattern that I had made for use on an outdoor sign made of cedar.

Alan

bjbethke
08-22-2011, 05:03 PM

Howdy! I'm trying to locate a cedar "sandblasted" woodgrain pattern (see photo), please!, that can be saved in to "Favorites" and used as a texture in an oval shape. The desired texture/pattern needs to allow variable depths and other patterns placed on top of the woodgrain. If you have a cedar woodgrain pattern, please let me know! Carl

This image is not "sandblasted", it is a photo of cedar board cut stright off the sawmill. The JPEG image can be added to your "Wood1" file.

cseidler
08-23-2011, 02:25 PM
How did you get a picture of a piece of wood in to your favorites, please?

cseidler
08-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Thank you. How may I load this up in to my Favorites? Can I set this at various depths? Can this be shaped in an oval?

AskBud
08-23-2011, 02:57 PM
Thank you. How may I load this up in to my Favorites? Can I set this at various depths? Can this be shaped in an oval?To transfer the cedar pattern to your Favorites library, bring up the MPC, and click on the EXTRACT ICON and accept (note the name of the pattern(s) before you do the accept). My "Download" link, below has an AVI lesson titled "Extracting Patterns" which may help you as well.

Your second question is covered in the same download link an is titled "Clipping a Carve".
AskBud

bjbethke
08-23-2011, 06:31 PM
Thank you. How may I load this up in to my Favorites? Can I set this at various depths? Can this be shaped in an oval?

You need a PTN to load the pattern in the favorites file; you can make a PTN from the MPC. When I make my patterns they are too large to post on the forum. If you would like the complete file (PTN,MPC,MPW and images) then send me a PM with your e-mail. I will try to zip the PTN file and see if that sends.

To make an oval use the drawing tools, add a cut path. You can stretch the PTN's and change the height and depth as you like them. Then add other patterns to the MPC, then use merge function to blend in all patterns.

To make the CW Designer show a colored image you need to add the JPEG I posted (Post#4) in the Wood1 folder in the designer program. You need to flip that image vertical to match the PTN print.