PDA

View Full Version : Gun Rack - 3 guns, with an enclosed storage shelf

WCallister
08-18-2011, 09:32 PM
OK, so this was my first real project with my Compucarve, after finally getting a bunch of stuff fixed on it. Bought it reconditioned from Sears (bad idea) and only did a few small things (mostly just testing fonts and features) before things went haywire (I had to replace the QC, thanks Al for your help; as well as replacing the cut-motor cut-off switch and power supply).

Got her back up and running, and despite some brass roller issues (pilot error, for sure), I got this project done. This is an early Christmas gift for my sister and brother-in-law who have a dairy farm in upstate New York. The "artwork" was from a disc I got on eBay, and the rest of the design is my own. It is approximately 22" wide, 28" tall, and 5" deep. I have already found at least a half-dozen little things which I need to do differently if I do this again.

I forgot to get a photo of the artwork on the sides, but I will post that later, when I get a chance to take the photo.

eelamb
08-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Very nice work on the gun rack. Glad you are carving now.

jaroot
08-18-2011, 10:05 PM
Looks good! I didn't realize that people still displayed their guns in open racks any more. I used to have a Ethan Allen gun case that we gave to my daughter and her husband. They decided to get rid of it when they moved last and we couldn't even give it away to local thrift stores. Apparently nobody wants those anymore.

Anyway real nice project.

Kenm810
08-18-2011, 10:18 PM
Nice Job on the Gun Rack, good looking layout

And Welcome to the CW Forum

lawrence
08-18-2011, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the forum-- you sure know how to show up... pictures and a fine-looking project. Thank you for sharing

Lawrence

b.sumner47
08-19-2011, 07:36 PM
Welcome aboard ! Very nice project. Capt Barry