PDA

View Full Version : just brought my new unit home from sears.

pterris
01-16-2007, 05:32 PM
can't get the led to come on. went through the quick start procedure, inserted the memory card, pluged in, turned switch on, nothing. what have I overlooked??? :roll:

pkunk
01-16-2007, 05:37 PM
Have you anything on the memory card?
Check the contrast of the LED.

pterris
01-17-2007, 05:48 AM
memory card was empty and not fully inserted when i first turned machine on. when led did not light up I loaded a file on the memory card and inserted it correctly in the machine. still no led .???

Ken-S
01-17-2007, 06:00 AM
Check the contrast of the LED. It is the small black button. I was able to read my LED even with out a card in it.

pterris
01-17-2007, 06:25 AM
Can you hear my machine carving in the background? Problem was led contrast control was to far clockwise fading out the text on the led. rotating led control counter clockwise allowed text to show up. All is well now. My first job is carving nicely as we speak.
Happy Camper :D

Digitalwoodshop
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
Good Job Ken !!!! As Maxwell Smart would say about now.... The old LED Counter Clockwise Contrast Control Trick.
Being a retired Navy Technician, I remember my friends being woke up at 4 AM on my old Tin Can's because someone turned the Brightness knob down on the Radar Display on the Bridge. A quick fix, but driving a ship around blind is no fun.