PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered one

Hank
01-16-2007, 05:09 PM
I’ve been woodworking for the past 50+ years. In that time I accumulated almost every type of power tool and hand tool on the market. But time has taken its toll on me what with wrestling with 4x8 sheets of plywood, traveling miles to get that piece of exotic wood. The joy has just about gone. That’s why today I ordered a compucarve from Sears. Got the $200 discount just for asking. Expected date Feb. 7th. I figure I’ll sit at the computer and design carvings, take it to the machine and let the machine do the work while I sit and watch.

My hope is that it will work perfect right out of the box and for a long time after. I wish to thank all people on the forum for giving me a heads up on the possible problems to look for when unpacking. If it doesn’t work out I have a 90 day money back guarantee from Sears.

Hank

Julie Coffey
01-16-2007, 05:56 PM
Hi Hank its nice to meet you. Congrats on taking the plunge I think there about 5-6 of us on the boards now who have ordered in the past two weeks, some have gotten them most I think are waiting still.

I did get an email back from CW and was told that they are experiencing a 6% return rate on the machines across the board. But they are working on matters as they present themselves. Like Barb I'm taking this extra time to become a more informed 'pre-owner'.

What sort of projects are you looking at doing?

Julie

Ken-S
01-16-2007, 06:39 PM
I order my from sears last month. It took 3 weeks to get it. After getting it I spent about 10 hours trying to get it to work right with no luck. I heard the help desk it grate but I work with they are at work. I found this site to be helpful. I had to return my new toy. I did reorder a new one and hopefully it will work. I did find out that the Craftsman club from sears is having a sale on Jan 28- Feb 3 on the CompuCarve. The member price will be $1,699.99. The guy at Sears stated all I need to do is go back in and they will give me the new price saving me $200.00. More money for the boards for my new toy. To get the saving all you need to do is be a member. Membership is free all you need to do is call 1-800-682-8691. So if you just bought one you mite want to check it out.

rgant05
01-17-2007, 04:18 AM
Thanks for the phone number. I have the application around here somewhere that the salesman gave me when I ordered my machine, but have already misplaced it. I called them at 4AM and they answered and signed me up in about 2 minutes. BTW, my machine is "due" in tomorrow if it made the truck and was in stock. Maybe I will have it by night fall tomorrow.

Ken-S
01-17-2007, 05:41 AM
Sears told me (the 1st time) I can pick up my new toy 4 times before it came in. The night before I got it they told me it was on the truck but the truck was late. The next day when I went in to pick it up they could not find it. After 1/2 talking with them they found it. Someone took it off the truck and put it aside (they did not put it in the computer that it was in) makes me want to think? They did give me a $50 gift card for it taking 4 times before it did come in. All you need to do is ask (for the gift card) the wrost thing they can do is say no. After you get your card take it back into Sears to get you $200.00 takeing off your card. Or what happen to me is the sales man stated if my card does not come in time when I pick on my next one he will use his.

rgant05
01-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I got the craftsman club price.... the salesman used his own card for that :) I have been calling to check. I'm not gonna play the game of driving to "see" if it came in. For me it is a 110mile round trip. They won't get away with telling me "oh it didn't come today" LOL I called earlier today and they still couldn't tell me for sure. Maybe in a little while they will know..............hoping :)

rgant05
01-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Their final answer....... not in today, check back Friday. Truthfully, the salesman was not overly optimistic that it would be in today and the guy I talked to just now has no idea of whats going on, so I will just start calling on delivery days till I get lucky. No problem, still learning on the software and hope to have several projects ready by the time it gets here.

bigguy
01-17-2007, 08:04 PM
I checked this afternoon mine didn't make it today either was told to check again Friday.
James

rgant05
01-18-2007, 12:29 AM
I did get an email this evening telling me that Sears.com now had them in stock, so I guess the boat from China did arrive :) My guess is that they will be here Friday. Just as well, I need more time to make room for mine in the shop.