PDA

View Full Version : editing

davidbf
08-10-2011, 05:56 AM
Can anyone suggest photo editing that is easy to use & will remove the background from
pics.

AskBud
08-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Can anyone suggest photo editing that is easy to use & will remove the background from
pics.
There are many ways to edit photos.
Let's see it we can point you in a good direction.
My "Download" link, below, has several lessons on Editing.
The upper section has AVI and DPF files on various items, I'll speak to some of these in a moment.

First, drop down to the lower section, where you will find a sub-link to Adobe Items. There you will find several lessons I made on using Adobe-PE8 in conjuction with Design Editor. The concept is similar on other photo editing programs, however, I selected PE8 for my use.

Once you have reviewed the above, return to the main page and begin looking at some of these lessons.
You will find titles like "Quick Look at Pattern Editor", several that begin with "Import", one titled "Making a Complex pattern", and two beginning "Using a Photo".

Let's see if these gives you the information you need.
AskBud

gregsolano
08-10-2011, 07:42 AM
I use paint.net which is a free program. I highlight and delete the areas I want to get rid of and save as a png file which will leave deleted areas deleted during the import into designer. The program can be downloaded at www.paint.net.

davidbf
02-24-2012, 10:00 AM
Greg,
Can you tell me how or kinda walk me thru how to highlight and delete the unwanted areas? My computer crashed by virus and I lost all editing programs & the projects I did thru the winter. I guess its catch up time now.
Also thanks to everyone for the information. I'm not much of a computer person, I usually design things with my pincil unless its a photo and thats what i'm working on now. I have one photo of my parents together that I would like to make a carving of & give one to my brothers & sisters. Kinda like a memorial and I can use all the help I can get. I'm done rambling now and thanks again for the help.
David

Alan Malmstrom
02-25-2012, 12:00 PM
Maybe you could do a search on Google and find a good "free graphic design program" that is g*imple to use.

gregsolano
02-25-2012, 09:56 PM
Greg,
Can you tell me how or kinda walk me thru how to highlight and delete the unwanted areas? My computer crashed by virus and I lost all editing programs & the projects I did thru the winter. I guess its catch up time now.
Also thanks to everyone for the information. I'm not much of a computer person, I usually design things with my pincil unless its a photo and thats what i'm working on now. I have one photo of my parents together that I would like to make a carving of & give one to my brothers & sisters. Kinda like a memorial and I can use all the help I can get. I'm done rambling now and thanks again for the help.
David

In Paint.net use the magic wand and select the background color. You can adjust the tolerance if the color is not being fully selected. once you select the color by clicking on it with the wand then just hit the delete key. The background will be deleted. Use this to delete any areas you do not want imported into designer. Save the graphic as a png file then import into designer. The deleted areas will not be imported or show up in designer.
Here are some pics, hope they help.

51511 51512 51513