PDA

View Full Version : Re-registering software

tagstudios
08-08-2011, 08:24 PM
I just bought a new laptop. Do I have to reregister the Designer software?

AskBud
08-08-2011, 08:38 PM
I just bought a new laptop. Do I have to re register the Designer software?Yes, the software must be licensed. By the way, you may use the Designer license on two PC's at a time.

If you kept all the eMails with license numbers for Designer and purchased patterns, you should have what you need. If not, a call to LHR will get you up and running.
AskBud

SFC F
08-08-2011, 11:53 PM
If you are installing the designer program you must. If you login to your account on carvewright's web site all that information will be there.

tagstudios
08-09-2011, 01:07 PM
Thank you.............................

lynnfrwd
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM
Once you have registered any software, patterns, collections, projects, etc...you should NEVER need the number or activation code to re-register them. They are on our server under your Customer Account. All you should need is your Username & Password (not for the store, but for the Customer Account) and an available pc (you get to install on two). If they are both active, then call us to let us know which one to deactivate. (Customers can only change the description of the computer they have registered. They cannot deactivate it or change it to the name of their new computer.)

You should also NEVER have to re-register your machine. Again, all you need is username & password.

Please see Section 1.2 Re-installation due to Hard Drive Failure, Changes to your System or New PC (http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/learn/cwlearn.php#Re-Installation) under the LearningLab and then Getting Started.

DIANERAY
07-01-2013, 01:00 PM
I had to update my software now the designs I bought say they are not registered to use. Called tech and they said to run administer. Than the do not show up red , but it will not recognize any changes I make in them . One design is too deep and I can not change the depth on it. I am not buying anymore soft ware tell someone can teach me how to fix this.

DIANERAY
07-01-2013, 01:01 PM
if you update your software your registered patterns show up red and you can not use them. I worked all day on it and I can not solve the problem. HELP PLEASE.

lynnfrwd
07-03-2013, 02:45 PM
if you update your software your registered patterns show up red and you can not use them. I worked all day on it and I can not solve the problem. HELP PLEASE.

Did you ever get this worked out?

Did you use run as administrator, if Windows Vista, 7 or 8?

Than the do not show up red , but it will not recognize any changes I make in them . One design is too deep and I can not change the depth on it.

I'm not sure what this means.

Call us....

hess
07-03-2013, 04:17 PM
when you find out what it is let me know mine does the same

lynnfrwd
07-03-2013, 04:24 PM
Hess:

Call us before 6 to get it fixed.