PDA

View Full Version : Need Plaques Carved

rmaxey
08-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Guys and Gals,

My CarveWright is down and I need a fellow CarveWright user to help me complete a small job and bail me out. I need seven plaques carved within a couple of weeks. The attached image will need to be carved into the plaque. Apparently the PDF of the plaque design is too large to upload here. You can download the PDF of the plaque design here:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B55T99YTtVEdOGQ1MjNkZDMtYjJjNy00YzE2LWIxODk tM2RiYmQxNjE3NjQ0&hl=en_US

Approximate size 10" x 15" Cherry or Walnut hardwood. The project must not be scaled.

Will provide hi-resolution image upon acceptance.

Please get back to me ASAP with a quote for 7 plaques.

Thanks for your help!

--Randy

jaroot
08-06-2011, 11:18 AM
Are you going to provide a High Resolution image or a ptn? If the image is ready to carve you might get more response. Also where will they need to be sent upon completion?

rmaxey
08-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Sorry, yes, a hi-res image will be provided. I was hoping the more experienced CarveWright users could also add the details around the image. Would also like to have the outside shape done on the CarveWright, too.

Ship to Des Moines, Iowa.

Thanks again,

--Randy

LittleRedWoodshop
08-06-2011, 04:41 PM
Randy ... did you get your machine from Acme? and I know there are a few guys right in your back yard that have CarveWright Machines?

Digitalwoodshop
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
If I were paying someone to do the artwork for me, I would budget at least $350.00 for the pattern. Then do the carving and finishing.

Wholesale I would charge between $300. and $500. for them. So how much do you plan to sell them for? This is a serious undertaking....

I don't think you will be able to get them for $20 bucks and plan to re sale them for a big profit.

The Plaque in the picture was Laser Engraved on the Surface. With so many figures in the picture and all the 3D modeling of each arm, leg, body and Head into 3 D.... WOW... Big Project.... A Laser Engraved version could be had for $100.00 to $200.00 wholesale.

AL

rmaxey
08-06-2011, 07:11 PM
Al, Thanks for your input. I'm not in this for profit. It's for a church. They're giving these to retired pastors.

Laser engraving was my next option. Got any suggestions on where I could get these done?

LittleRedWoodshop: No, my unit is a very old demo unit.

Thanks for your help, guys!

--Randy

Digitalwoodshop
08-06-2011, 08:19 PM
Randy,

Check with local Awards Shops that will have a Laser Engraver.

AL