PDA

View Full Version : Help with a carving issue.

Ronald Crawford
08-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Guys, I'm really stuck, 'm making chairs for friends of mine who are from Hawaii, they will be in PA near Pittsburgh on Sunday and I'm driving from CT to there to give them their chairs. I made the chairs for them because they are great people and spend most of their time in foreign countries helping rebuild communities and bringing medical care to children. I have three carved pieces left to add to the chairs I made, but my CC is not functioning due to a persistent Z-axis error (I've tried everything at this point to fix it, with no luck, it will be going in for repair, but I won't get it back in time).

Here is what I asking/begging: I have these last three pieces on one board (common 48" x 12" x 1" pine (I know those are not the actual measurements, thats just what they call it) and I am hoping someone between CT and pittsburgh can carve it for me and I can pick it up on my drive through on saturday. This is a long carve though, I'll be honest, its like 8 hours (I could split it to 3 boards if easier at 2 hours each). I'd be happy to pay for the board and your time... I know this is a lot to ask, but, I'm really stuck here and these are really awesome people. Please PM me if you can help.
Thanks, Ron

brouv
08-04-2011, 10:55 AM
I'm too far to help you sorry.
Put your mpc in here so people can see what you are looking for