PDA

View Full Version : albygreat

Allen Cloud
07-26-2011, 09:09 PM
hi all, the close door keeps appearing...i blow out the switches with air and sometimes it works. is there anything i can do to the switches or hood to keep the error code from stopping the carve?

henry1
07-26-2011, 09:52 PM
you need to change the switch if it is happenning not much to change

ibewiggin
07-26-2011, 10:01 PM
On my out of warranty machine I bypassed them.

Digitalwoodshop
07-26-2011, 10:09 PM
The Left Cover Switch is the one that is giving you trouble... It is low voltage and tells the computer that the cover is open or closed.

The Right side is a heavy duty switch and is the return circuit for the Cut Motor and a Cut Motor Safety Switch.

So back to the Left Switch... I plugs into the circuit board in the back with the white wire toward the center of the machine, it could be loose. I say white wire to the left as later you can plug it in 180 out and will get a constant open cover... But that is not your problem...

The Switch can get dust inside. Radio shack sells a electrical contact cleaner.... But some Alcohol and a air gun will work for blowing it out.. Make sure the machine is UN Plugged and give the Alcohol time to Evaporate.
Don't mess with the Cut Motor switch with Alcohol.... This Alcohol Trick could get you SHOCKED OR DEAD..........

Next is the Screws that hold the cover hinge pin OR the actual Switch Screws could be loose.

Since the cover does not have a mechanicAL stop, when you remove the top cover the clear cover rests on the switches and can push them back snapping or cracking the screw holes. Check That....

And last but not least.... The Board Sensor Wires going through the Y Truck can get pulled when you change the sensor and get pinched. When pinched they short out the data buss. At the same time as the open cover you call up the Z Data on the LCD and move the Z up or down. If the LCD is 0000 and no change then it could be a pinched wire..... I had that TWICE..... First time the machine made the Trip Home... The 2nd... I fixed it myself with a new cable...

So check all that and let us know... Saw only 8 posts so I will jump on my Soap Box and ask you to read the Tips and Tricks if you have not.

Good Luck and Welcome.... Get stuck you can always PM or Call me... Number in on my web page link below.

AL

Darn I type SLOW.... Well, I was side tracked watching Anne Walker on Covert Affairs..... My favorite TV show.

DocWheeler
07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
The switch will come apart so that the contacts can be cleaned or abraded.
I've had this problem and this fixed it for me. I hope that you have someone with small hands to help put it back together!

You can try contact cleaner that you can spray into the switch also (like Al said).

Al just forgot to mention this, I know that he would have included this if he wasn't in such a rush this morning.

cnsranch
07-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Allen - the damm thing can drive you nuts.....

This is what I've done - loosen the two screws, make sure the switch is as far to the front as possible, tighten them, if you still get the error, grab the lid with your fingers thru the opening in the machine, squeeze and see if the message changes - if it does, the lid's not making contact correctly.

I've found that if I loosen one screw, and tighten the other, I'm ok.

Or loosen both, or the other, or whack it with a hammer (NOT - but you tend to want to).

Bottom line with mine is that when I get the message, I tweak the way the switch is set into the machine, and then I'm good.

My problem's never been electrical, but mechanical in the way it's mounted, and the way the lid hits it.

Ike
07-27-2011, 12:18 PM
All the advice is right on, but one thing check the tab that engages the switch. Mine broke off the other day! Then you should check to see if the switch is good! One quick way to check if the switch is good is to go to sensor check. Then open the cover and take a small screw driver and push in the switch. In it should say closed. Mine was loose at the hinges and until the tab broke I could move the cover or give it a tap to get it to work. It seems to move just enough to not make full contact. I wish the switch was at the bottom of the cover or better yet a toggle type switch that unless you turn it on the machine does not work!

I would check to see if it works first!

Ike

dance0001
07-27-2011, 06:01 PM
I had the same problem. lcd kept saying close cover, but it was closed. I cleaned it, took it out and put it back, still it would work then quit. I got agravated and put a jumper wire on it and now it works all the time. NOTE: even when the cover is opened, it thinks that it is closed, so be careful if you do this as the machine will still run, so DO NOT put your hand in it. Hit the stop button on the side of the machine to pause it.