PDA

View Full Version : Here's a new one for you!

Ike
07-24-2011, 12:34 PM
I am at my local fair with my sign shop and most of the orders have been made by my CW. I have hand routed 7 out of the 25 signs. That is not not the new one!!

Any way yesterday I started a carve and nothing, checked the screen close cover! So I tapped on it ( oh you do it too!) nothing! Raised and closed the cover nothing! So I took a small screw driver and engaged the button, worked fine!

So I looked at the cover and the plastic tab broke off and was not making contact! I was at the fair and could not leave to get another cover! I drill a small hole into the broken tab and I broke a dry wall screw in half. Using some pliers I insert the broken screw and after a little adjustment `Viola back in business! I did take some masking tape and cover the broken end of the screw.

So there is a new one in the books! Usually it is a loose cover or loose switch!! But this time it was a broken tab, which I have no ideal why it broke! But it is Ikeized now!

Ike

fwharris
07-24-2011, 12:59 PM
Good on the job fix!

Some times if the cover gets off center that tab will hit the edge and get bent.

Kenm810
07-24-2011, 01:49 PM
That's our Man!! -- "Ike MacGyver" -- give him a small screwdrive or broken screw
and he can carve ya a sign anyday!

Digitalwoodshop
07-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Good job !!!!!

Al

Ike
07-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Thanks Guys! Yep Ken chewing gum and bailing wire is all you need! I just thought that was new one! True Al the hinges get loose and it causes close cover! Might of been my gentle tapping?!! Floyd when I finally get a good fair I will order my DC! I just had some dental work to the tune of $7000.00 and after the insurance I owe $2700.00! So funds are going to paying off my teeth! Sad I had to get financing for my teeth! A 7 tooth bridge and they look purdy!

Ike

fwharris
07-24-2011, 04:16 PM
thanks guys! Yep ken chewing gum and bailing wire is all you need! I just thought that was new one! True al the hinges get loose and it causes close cover! Might of been my gentle tapping?!! Floyd when i finally get a good fair i will order my dc! I just had some dental work to the tune of $7000.00 and after the insurance i owe $2700.00! So funds are going to paying off my teeth! Sad i had to get financing for my teeth! A 7 tooth bridge and they look purdy!

Ike

grinning!!!

papawbummie
07-24-2011, 04:45 PM
46085Can anyone make a pattern of this cabin and how much?

fwharris
07-24-2011, 06:11 PM
Two things, 1 - you posted in the wrong spot, - your attachment does not work!

papawbummie
07-24-2011, 07:09 PM
Thanks Bert