PDA

View Full Version : adding text to a pattern.

buttonc
07-20-2011, 10:48 AM
I scanned a picture and edited it in PE, saved it as a .ptn. I opened designer and loaded the pattern on the board, I wanted to add Center Line text to it, on a carve region .209 deep. I had to use the rout function per the manual, but I could not make it work. It is probably something simple, but I haven't got the right combination. The text shows in white letters, and when I click off on them, they turn black and "float" on the surface of the pattern @ .0" deep. How do I get it to the surface @.209? tried to adjust the tool depth to .230 with no luck. see attached photos.

Thanks in advance for your help.

AskBud
07-20-2011, 11:11 AM
I scanned a picture and edited it in PE, saved it as a .ptn. I opened designer and loaded the pattern on the board, I wanted to add Center Line text to it, on a carve region .209 deep. I had to use the rout function per the manual, but I could not make it work. It is probably something simple, but I haven't got the right combination. The text shows in white letters, and when I click off on them, they turn black and "float" on the surface of the pattern @ .0" deep. How do I get it to the surface @.209? tried to adjust the tool depth to .230 with no luck. see attached photos.

Thanks in advance for your help.
We could better assist you, if you attach your MPC.
That being said, Centerline carved text will not work properly on a carved/recessed area without also activating the "Conforming Vectors" application.

My "Download" link, below, has a lesson titled "Conforming Vectors" which shows the concept.
AskBud

buttonc
07-20-2011, 12:45 PM
I added the dps.mpc file as a attachment. I am now going to the conforming vectors site. I did go back and check the conforming vectors box. It did conform to the surface just as it should have. thanks for your guidance.

Thank you.

cnsranch
07-20-2011, 12:51 PM
No, no - look at the arrow on the pic below - that's where you "conform" centerline text...45981

AskBud
07-20-2011, 01:30 PM
I added the dps.MPC file as a attachment. I am now going to the conforming vectors site. I did go back and check the conforming vectors box. after I hit enter, the program quit. still scratching my head.
I noted that you have not assigned a V-bit to your CL-text. It usually assigns the 90 degree V-bit by default, but for some reason your MPC reflected no bit assignment. Perhaps you deleted the bit selection in error (it made the Designer abort as I first tried to apply the Conforming Vectors option.
I assigned the 60 degree bit to all text and applied Conforming Vectors (CV).
I attached my modified MPC as well.
If you have not purchased CV, it is well worth the cost!

If you wish to talk on the phone, send me a private message.
AskBud