PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a pattern

easybuilt
07-19-2011, 04:54 PM
Can someone help me with this Adirondack chair pattern. The lines are jagged. If you have a better one that's OK but it has to look like this one at this angle.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan-Woodman
07-19-2011, 06:33 PM
Tom
It looks better if you "invert" the pattern. Just an idea. If you "carve it" it may tend to break the lines also.
later Daniel

edzbaker
07-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Tom, I converted the picture to a DXF and it looks good cut with a 60 deg. bit at .100 you can open the MPC and copy and paste it to your project if you think it will be suitable.

Ed

I didn't know if you have conforming vectors or not, so just for you to test, I changed the whole MPC into a vector carving. With the edges routed, it would look good to me. see the Relax.mpc

Dan-Woodman
07-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Ed
I got nothin' but a black screen. The carving list is on the left, but just a black screen otherwise.
later Daniel

easybuilt
07-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Tom, I converted the picture to a DXF and it looks good cut with a 60 deg. bit at .100 you can open the MPC and copy and paste it to your project if you think it will be suitable.

Ed

Thanks Daniel and Ed!
I didn't want to invert it so I can easily paint the outline, this would give a nice contrast.
The mpc looks good Ed, but I'm having trouble getting it the right size when I paste it. I'm off to a meeting and will try later.
Thanks guys!!

easybuilt
07-19-2011, 11:28 PM
Ed

I didn't know if you have conforming vectors or not, so just for you to test, I changed the whole MPC into a vector carving. With the edges routed, it would look good to me. see the Relax.mpc[/QUOTE]

Thanks Ed, It's perfect and will is what I need!