PDA

View Full Version : Question from trying to follow the tutorial projects

dltccf
07-15-2011, 10:29 AM
I'm currently in project 4 of the tutorial projects where you are creating the rectangle with the curved edges. I have created the two sides and then used the arc tool to join them. They are lined up and snapped to the grid and look like I should have one big joined object, even when I zoom in on the corners, but I can't get the cut path tool to enable to indicate I have a closed region. How to I fix?

fwharris
07-15-2011, 10:53 AM
select from the view tab the "toggle non end points" and see if any of the control points show up. If you have any open ones they will show.

lynnfrwd
07-15-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm currently in project 4 of the tutorial projects where you are creating the rectangle with the curved edges. I have created the two sides and then used the arc tool to join them. They are lined up and snapped to the grid and look like I should have one big joined object, even when I zoom in on the corners, but I can't get the cut path tool to enable to indicate I have a closed region. How to I fix?

It might also be easier to find if you temporarily turn off the snap to grid. Particularly, if you drew a line then turned on snap to grid and tried to match it with another.

dltccf
07-15-2011, 05:54 PM
select from the view tab the "toggle non end points" and see if any of the control points show up. If you have any open ones they will show.

Thanks, I found a video tutorial in another thread that said the same thing and it works.

dltccf
07-15-2011, 07:11 PM
Thanks, I found a video tutorial in another thread that said the same thing and it works.

It was the AskBud downloads http://www2.wcoil.com/~nharbison/cw-askbud%20downloads.htm so Thanks Bud also.