PDA

View Full Version : sign carving

wooden nickel
07-11-2011, 07:54 PM
I am trying to carve a small sign with centerline,I keep getting a sign that has about half the thing screwed up. It does more bouncing around with partial letters than it used too. Ihave done alot of signs it never acted this way before.It also goes back to finish the letters,then it starts cutting 1/4 inch to the right. Messes up the whole thing.Can any one give me any advise?

Wooden nickle

easybuilt
07-11-2011, 08:26 PM
Sound like to me you have a board tracking issue, check you brass roller and be sure it is not sticking and the o ring is in place. You could also have a compression roller sticking. Review Tips and Tricks on board tracking maintenance, http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/downloads/tips/CarveWrightTips&Tricks_Jan_Feb10.pdf
Hopes this helps.

AskBud
07-11-2011, 08:37 PM
I am trying to carve a small sign with centerline,I keep getting a sign that has about half the thing screwed up. It does more bouncing around with partial letters than it used too. Ihave done alot of signs it never acted this way before.It also goes back to finish the letters,then it starts cutting 1/4 inch to the right. Messes up the whole thing.Can any one give me any advise?

Wooden nickle
It may be hard to dissect unless we see the MPC.
As you know, from past signs Centerline does skip around but it should go back and catch all the missed areas. Be sure to allow the project to finish, rather than aborting

If you have the same V-bit assigned to any other vector area, it really gets interesting!
Saturday, I had just that happen on the attached project.
The Centerline first began the lower section of my "one-entry" text. Since the pattern had just carved, it began the lower section first. It carved the word "the" and then "Hare's". From there it started several letters in the "Indian Lake" portion, but skipped more than usual. Rather than finishing those skipped letters, it began carving the edge line (contour). Once the contour was done, it went back to carving my text finishing the "Indian Lake" portion and the "Welcome" at the top. I've posted about similar situations in the past

There is, also, the possibility that some of your text may be in a carve-area, in which case you need to have and apply "Conforming Vectors" as well. Another source could be the font that was selected, or the orientation (rotation) of the text to something other than the preset straight-line standard.

Again, please attach your MPC.
AskBud45788