PDA

View Full Version : Sheared piece?

cpworld
01-15-2007, 09:29 AM
After my last carve job, I noticed this part seems to be broken? What is it and if it needs replacement how do I go about ordering that part? Thx-

David M.
01-15-2007, 09:34 AM
Thats the edge guide release, it definately needs to be replaced. Wern't you using it?, it looks like it got hit by the router bit.

On second review it looks like it would still work so long as it's not to sharp to handle. And if it did get hit by the bit you'd better check that bit. It looks like the 1/8" cutting bit was the culprut.

BobHill
01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
And from the looks of the metal, I wouldn't trust the bit you used to do that either. You SHOULD always use your outside wood guide, although don't make it so tight against the wood that it'll prevent wood travel as it should due to being a tad un-parallel. Maybe a space about the thickness of a 3/5 card or business card.

Bob

howsharbell
01-20-2007, 11:50 PM
This also happened to me on my first project. I was using the 1/8" cutting bit. i'm still not sure what happened. my depth was set to 3/4" but the board was 1 inch thick, it doesn't seem like this should have ever happened. I too am wondering if the part needs to be replaced now. I haven't even completed my first project yet.... :cry: