PDA

View Full Version : Copy Offset Feature Missing from Mac?

gschemel
01-15-2007, 12:21 AM
Hi;

I have a Compucarve on order that is expected any day now and I thought I'd get a headstart on learning the software.

In the help docs a feature called "Copy Offset" is mentioned that should be available "from the Layout menu, tool bar, or the context menu". Unfortunately I can't seem to find it anywhere.

Are they any Mac users out there that can confirm that this item is missing from the menus or is in fact there and I'm just unable to find it?

Thanks!

pkunk
01-15-2007, 09:36 AM
It's on my Mac version. You first have to have a project open in order to use it. Possibly not available on the trial version.

Hank
01-15-2007, 09:49 AM
Go to view>toolbars>customize select layout toolbar from the pull down, locate copy/offset on the left panel and drag it to the right side.

Hope this works for you. I also have the trial version on a pc. It doesn't work for me. I'm told that it comes with the pro version. We'll have to wait and see.

LOL
Hank

gschemel
01-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I can see the icon when I go into the customize view but I can't get it to actually show up on the toolbar. I guess I'm just going to write this off as not being in the trial version and wait till I get the real deal.

dcozort
01-16-2007, 07:28 AM
After getting my machine loading everything and carving I started to design things.... In the process I needed the copy offset tool I was told it only worked in the beta version.. This seemed weird because its on my custom toolbar.... so I tried everything I knew to get it to an active toolbar by dragging like the directions said nothing worked.. I don't know why this tool would be dropped in production version I sure would like to have it..... Little help anybody Thanks

BobHill
01-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Although Copy Offset is extremely useful to me, until you find the answer, you do know that you can do a Control C and Control V to copy/paste anything in Designer and if you apply the grid you can do a relatively good job of spacing to your work piece. Not as good as the accuracy of Copy Offset, but workable.

Bob

gschemel
01-16-2007, 11:05 PM
I was goofing off and trying to see if I could make a custom set of checkers. That's alot of cutting and pasting. :-)

No biggie though.

BobHill
01-17-2007, 01:43 AM
Now that IS a job for COPY OFFSET :D

Bpb

rjim
04-13-2008, 09:33 AM
It's on my Mac version. You first have to have a project open in order to use it. Possibly not available on the trial version.
Alright I have the project open, but I still can not find copy offset or any place to change the tools.

It appears I'm missing something... Any help?

Jim

RayB
04-13-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't know what version pkunk is using, but on my Mac version 1.126 I don't see any "Copy Offset" command anywhere (except as referenced in the Help menu). I am using a registered copy of the CarveWright software downloaded from the web site. Is that considered the "Pro" version?

I have attached a screenshot of my Customize window, and don't see Copy Offset as an available tool to add to a toolbar. So, unless anyone can shed any further light on this issue, I would just assume that this particular command is not available in the Mac version of the software.
:)

Dan-Woodman
04-13-2008, 11:47 AM
Copyoffset was on the BETA machines when CW first came out . Us beta testers have it ,but not sure if it's available otherwise.

later Daniel

rjim
04-13-2008, 11:55 AM
At least I'm not alone.

Thanks for the reply.

Jim

pkunk
04-13-2008, 01:09 PM
Dan's got it. Beta versions only for now. I undestood that it was to be an option & possibly included in the Pro version when it's released-but that's just heresay now.

rjim
04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Thanks, too bad.. it would be very useful

Jim

Dan-Woodman
04-14-2008, 06:10 PM
Also there are other ways to do the same thing, just takes more time.

later Daniel

jerrbitt
04-21-2008, 07:04 PM
Just got ready to post about how do I find copy offset. So by doing a search I find it's no longer available. Oh well, a half hour shot tring to find it.

Seems like the LHR people need to update their "Help" index/

deemon328
04-22-2008, 05:26 AM
Wow, why did they remove such an advanced feature?

forqnc
04-22-2008, 08:04 AM
Wow, why did they remove such an advanced feature?

Not sure but centerline was also available in the BETA software. Not trying to switch this to a why do we havce to pay for it now topic. But it seems to me when they came out with the BETA, it may have had too many advanced features, that it was simpler to isolate a few features.
I personally would prefer my machine to sense/measure the board better first. (Some of the updates we have had in the newer versions)
Yes it would be nice to have Centerline and Copy offset, but if the general basic operation of the machine is overlooked to give me extra great features, I may not be able to carve, I'd take my machine over the extra features and wait until LHR want to realease them and they know there is no conflict.