PDA

View Full Version : Ask Amazon to sell the 3/16" Carving Bit

DickB
07-06-2011, 08:00 AM
Amazon sells the 1/16" carving and 1/8" cutting bits for $29.99, but they don't offer the 3/16" Carving Bit. I contacted them and they suggested that I make a request. I did, but perhaps it would help if a few more people did as well.

Use this link or find the 1/16" carving bit on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/CarveWright-BCR062P-16-Inch-Carving-CarveTight/dp/B0044BCKJU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1309956707&sr=8-3

Scroll to nearly the bottom of the page and look for the Feedback box. Find the line
"Is there any other feedback you would like to provide? Click here "
Click and enter a request, e.g "Please offer the Carvetight 3/16" Carving Bit for sale in your store."

jaustin
07-06-2011, 11:38 PM
I went and sent a request.

gregsolano
07-07-2011, 03:01 AM
LHR is the actual vender selling on Amazon so when you ask amazon to sell it they forward the request to LHR. My guess is they want to sell as many through their own sales staff and web site before making it available cheaper through amazon.

DickB
07-08-2011, 07:32 AM
LHR is the actual vender selling on Amazon so when you ask amazon to sell it they forward the request to LHR.

How do you know that? So what does it mean when Amazon says for the item "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com."?

gregsolano
07-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Amazon has a program where you send them your stock and they handle all aspects of warehousing, shipping, selling for you. If you look at the vendor it is carvewright. I also spoke to someone a while back who verified that the vendor was LHR. It gives them an additional outlet to sell product with a wider marketing exposure and exposure to customers who may run across the carvewright and may not even have been considering a machine or had never been exposed to one.

DickB
07-08-2011, 11:56 AM
Amazon has a program where you send them your stock and they handle all aspects of warehousing, shipping, selling for you.
OK; not what you said the first time. Either way, if LHR gets enough requests through Amazon maybe they will add it through that outlet.

gregsolano
07-08-2011, 01:22 PM
well I did not go into detail but yes I think when LHR feels they have gotten as many sales from the early adopters that they can then they will widen the sales into amazon.