PDA

View Full Version : Manual routing

wolfpack407
07-03-2011, 04:37 PM
How can I rout a project manually after it has been carved, I tried to rout a project using a 90 degree v bit but the display came up saying the bit was to short using a 0.375 depth

Digitalwoodshop
07-03-2011, 06:16 PM
You may be trying to place text INSIDE a Carve Region if my Guess correct.... To do that you should have the new Add On called Conforming Vectors.... It lets you do Centerline Text inside a Carved Depth Area.

A work around is to delete all the other stuff from your project just leaving the V90 text. Change the Machine Setup to Jog to Start Position. This will let you use the 4 arrows to place the V90 bit over a flat carved area and press enter. The machine will then bob down and touch the bottom of the carved area and think that is the top of the board. The DANGER of this is the machine may not lift the head when moving and smash into the sides of the carved region. I have NEVER heard of it happening but it COULD.

Good Luck

Now my Standard WELCOME since this was your FIRST Post...... WELCOME !!!!!

Now please read the Tips and Tricks as that trick is covered in Tips and Tricks along with Scaling, 7 inch rule of Wood, Sleds, Carrier Boards and more Pilot Errors....

And the most common first post is that the head is cranked up and only clicks going down.... That answer is in the Manual.

Good Luck,

AL