PDA

View Full Version : Board Sensor Cable pinout HELP! Please!

srrutle
07-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Can anyone tell me what the pin-out is on the board sensor cable is it a 1 for 1 white on left then the 3 black with no twists end to end? Thanks in advance.

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Here is a picture if it helps....

AL

ktjwilliams
07-01-2011, 09:25 PM
Hey Al,,

How ya doin today.... Anyway I took that power supply out and checked it... Seen a few solder joints on the underside that didn't look so good... So I got out my thin solder and iron and started touching up the spots that looked bad... Put the power supply back and tested machine with 2 carves... Worked great,,, no more power fluctuation or check cut motor errors... Anyway thanks for the heads-up on that part...

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Good job !!!!

Al

srrutle
07-02-2011, 12:04 AM
Al thanks for the picture but with the twists in it I can not quite make it out for sure.

this is what I have - not broken - broken
Black 1 ------------------------------------------------- Black 1
black 2 ------------------------------------------------- Black 2
Black 3 ------------------------------------------------- Black 3
White ------------------------------------------------- White
I was able to get a new plug end with 8 of the connectors at NorVac Electronics $1.25
Order new cable LHR $1.84 Shipping $12.00 $13.84 Total
I do not know if Black 1 and Black 2 should be crossed or straight.
can anyone tel me if it is like this with out the breaks.
Thanks again.

Digitalwoodshop
07-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Board Sensor Cable Pin Out....

With the Cable bent into a U Shape with the 2 guide bumps UP.... White Wire to the RIGHT on both... It is 4, 3, 2, 1W and 4, 3, 2, 1W. See Picture.

For everyone else I recommend buying 2 of them if ever needed and the Board Sensor... The reason... I was able to un plug the cable from the top circuit board and plug in my extra cable and test some board sensors... There will come a day when I have a Board Sensor problem and now I can just plug in another board sensor on top and do a test.... The 3 most common failures with the Board Sensor is PINCHED Wires from pulling from the bottom to change a board sensor and the wires slide along the sharp edge and eventually cut through. It gave me a Zero Board Reading and the short caused a Open Cover all the time error.... The Clear cover... It shorts out the data buss.... The 2nd failure is vibration causing the LED's to Snap off... And 3rd.... Dust inside the Board Sensor Lens....

This is a good time to order Cut Motor Brushes... Combining shipping.... WAITING to change the $5.00 Brushes until a stall that SNAPS the $40.00 bit.... Then what did you save....

AL

srrutle
07-02-2011, 10:46 PM
Thanks Al that is what I needed to know I did not want to plug it in until I knew it was correct.