PDA

View Full Version : Carvetight with scanning probe

TheWeeze
06-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Sorry if this is a repeat question. I haven't scanned anything in a while. I installed the CT months ago and just realized it doesn't have the connection for the scanning probe now. Where do I connect the probe now? Thank you very much for your help.

fwharris
06-29-2011, 09:08 PM
I bet you were plugging the probe into the connection on the Z truck before you upgraded to the CT.

Here is the scanning probe reference guide that should help you out... http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Manuals/Probe_reference_guide.pdf

TheWeeze
06-29-2011, 09:28 PM
Yes I was plugging into the Z truck. I was looking for some type of guide on the site. Also I sent my Compucarve in for repair and when they could not repair it after three attempts they replaced it with a refurbished unit and it had the different connection that I wasn't aware of until now. Thanks again for your help.

lynnfrwd
06-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Anyone that still plugs there probe into the z-truck and not over on the inside left hand side where the keypad is, hasn't done the A907 upgrade. That is about $100 give or take (don't have prices in front on me). It was introduced before I started there in Jan. of 2008. It is required before the CT can be installed.