PDA

View Full Version : I could use some tips on using the Spiral Tool

Rocky
06-29-2011, 07:10 AM
I've never used the Spiral Tool before. Now that I need it, I can't seem to get it to do what I want. I'm trying to get a specific size and type of spiral. I get the type I want, but when I try to make it larger the "system" adds more spiral lines. I tried changing the size box but it won't accept a change. Also, I want the outer end of the spiral to point in a specific direction, but "Rotate" isn't available (grayed out). Some tips/help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

mtylerfl
06-30-2011, 08:22 AM
I've never used the Spiral Tool before. Now that I need it, I can't seem to get it to do what I want. I'm trying to get a specific size and type of spiral. I get the type I want, but when I try to make it larger the "system" adds more spiral lines. I tried changing the size box but it won't accept a change. Also, I want the outer end of the spiral to point in a specific direction, but "Rotate" isn't available (grayed out). Some tips/help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi Rocky,

You can enlarge the spiral without adding more "spirals" by selecting the spiral then DO NOT use the corner handles, but click on the yellow line itself and drag to the size you want. (By the way, Sine waves can be resized this way also). You may have to zoom in to "catch" the yellow bounding box line...you know when you are successfully on the line when the cursor arrow turns into a pointed finger/hand.

Rocky
06-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Hi Rocky,

You can enlarge the spiral without adding more "spirals" by selecting the spiral then DO NOT use the corner handles, but click on the yellow line itself and drag to the size you want. (By the way, Sine waves can be resized this way also). You may have to zoom in to "catch" the yellow bounding box line...you know when you are successfully on the line when the cursor arrow turns into a pointed finger/hand.

Thanks, Mike. One learns something new everyday!