PDA

View Full Version : Has this happend to you.

RogerB
06-25-2011, 08:56 PM
F@@#$ up a nice carve wood strip rapped around .Lift the board and offset alignment of wood on cut out at the end . I think this made the board jump of track.Wood around here.Just like a little string.

Digitalwoodshop
06-26-2011, 09:31 AM
Yes,

Wood can get in the brass roller area and push it down causing problems but a more likely cause is that your forward sand paper belt is rolled under and raising the wood off the brass roller.

Also can be out of adjustment in or out feed tables.

Can also be the board popping out from under a roller and tilting up loosing contact with the brass roller. 7 inch rule of wood.

Or too much sawdust buildup.

Masking Tape can help.... tips and tricks can help too.

AL

RogerB
06-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks Al
Sand paper fine the carve before that turned out great. same carve 30 min. later carved great until it started cut out.

Digitalwoodshop
06-26-2011, 07:37 PM
Thanks Al
Sand paper fine the carve before that turned out great. same carve 30 min. later carved great until it started cut out.

Young Grasshopper..... The Elusive Rolled Under Sand Paper belt is Sneaky ...... Very hard to detect.... And the Source of many a X related problems.... But in your case.... Not the problem.... My favorite saying is "It's all about the Brass Roller"....

Other things to look at that won't be a X problem with your machine will be the loose screws under the machine that go into the bottom of the 4 smooth rails... Letting the head lift over a wood sliver....

And Head Level, that won't cause it either.... or Head Pressure....

I am Stumped.... Wax on Wax Off.... ??

The Causes of strange problems with the machine sometimes catch me by supprise... Today, I got a email from my Carve Buddy to the south George that has been fighting a Z Stall problem.... 2 FFC Cables and lots of advice.... Finally suggested swapping the Y and Z Motor.... He came back today and said the Y bearings were shot.... Found when he pulled the Y Motor.... Swapped a old gear box and He is back carving..... So sometimes I just get lucky and the owner finds the real problem... Hope you DO and post the results... We can all learn new tricks....

OFF Topic BUT.... Learned something NEW tonight that was a nagging question I have had for YEARS.... Finally have the answer....

In the Top Gun Movie, the Volleyball Scenes... That Court DID NOT Exist... I arrived in San Diego 2 years after the Filming and spent a bit of time on the Mirimar Base.... I know the Barracks in the picture..... But the area where the Courts were in the Movie was part of a Parking Lot.... I watched the movie a dozen times a day when working at the Sony Service Center in Philly fixing Play Station 2's and DVD's... My "Test" DVD..... I would watch the Fun Stuff....

So tonight I happened upon the You Tube "Making of Top Gun" videos and spent the last 2 hours watching them.... And the Answer about the Volleyball Court was they just dumped a truck load of sand and put up the net... Aha HA.... The Elusive Answer..... Finally.... Great Movie.... Saw Kenny Loggins in San Diego in 1992 and he DID NOT play Danger Zone.... I was Bummed....

AL

unitedcases
06-27-2011, 12:00 AM
I have never been able to get the "cut-out" to work. No matter what trick I put into the machine it just doesnt come out right. I find it 100 times easier to jigsaw cut. 1 hr of cut out on the machine is 5 min with a jigsaw.

Digitalwoodshop
06-27-2011, 11:26 AM
A error in the cut out is easy to get... meaning that the cut does not occur in the correct area.... Screen Parallax really takes effect when you draw the lines around the object.

If you draw a object or place a pattern on the board and do an outline it will normally work. But if you move the object to the left or right on the screen the outline line will appear to move off the pattern.... SO if you do your line editing outside the center / center of the screen you introduce error into the cutout. So for example if this big double sided deer... I manually did the outline keeping my moving of the lines to the center 4 square inches of the screen. Then I did a sample cut and made more corrections.....

It is hard... but it is all in the artwork.... Yes, the Scroll Saw is faster the first time... But once you have the art set making many copies is quicker....

AL