PDA

View Full Version : Should I purchase a machine?

Noble
01-14-2007, 07:58 PM
Yesterday I ordered a unit from Sears, but after reading this forum I am wondering if I should take delivery.

What would you guys do if you were me; purchase the CarveWright Woodworking System today, or wait until the bugs are worked out? :?

BobHill
01-14-2007, 09:18 PM
Noble,

No one can answer that but yourself, but I'd sure do it all ove again, knowing what I know today and having read every thread the forum has to offer. But then that's me.

Bob

David M.
01-14-2007, 09:35 PM
I'm with Bob, I too would do it again and I have had very little trouble with my machine. Mostly operator error, there is a healthy learning curve with this machine and software anyone who thinks they are going to open the box and their off in business is going to be disgruntaled. I've worked on some ot the top 3d routers in the country and they all have ther own issues, this one is no different.

nlmcnamara
01-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Took mine back to Sears today..they said they got a notice from headquarters to try to advise buyers to wait until they could get technical help service..I said NO THANKS..it seems like a lot of machines are finding there way home

steevo
01-15-2007, 12:14 PM
nlmcnamara - did you get your machine at Sears at the maine mall? Did you get wacked with a restocking fee? Thanks

nlmcnamara
01-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I did get it there and NO Restocking fee, that would be a fight on my side if they tried, Good Luck