PDA

View Full Version : Update

flemingswoodworks
06-24-2011, 01:13 PM
after trying to figure out my line issue (never really did) changed Z-truck assembly...changed ffc cables and updated Z Motor Mount Electronics Board Assembly and Head Termination Electronics Board Assembly ..turned on the machine and the Z-assembly automaticly drops to the lowest possision and the y motor spins non-stop..I opened the back of the y motor and can see the disc turning..any suggestions
Will

flemingswoodworks
07-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Just talked to Phil from carvewright..nice guy, they picked up pretty fast....It looks like my controller could be bad so I have to send it in to them to test...$300 for a new one minus $100 core so it would cost about $200 plus shipping in the end... ouch..lets hope this does the trick

jaroot
07-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. We had some glitches with ours when we got it but it was mostly mechanical and relatively easy to troubleshoot.

Good Luck!

Digitalwoodshop
07-01-2011, 05:31 PM
How did I miss a week old post.... I also would have suggested the Computer and Card..... Sounds like after the parts were changed it got more problems... I would also look over the wires.... Something is not right.... Having LHR half split the troubleshooting is good....... I would have sent the power supply too.... Have it all tested as a system.... A blown power supply or a unbalanced power supply could cause the Y to run all the time.... and the Z to run all the time too going to the bottom and hitting the stop....

Good Luck,

AL