PDA

View Full Version : Error 246 Z Axis Stall

Sam
01-14-2007, 05:40 PM
I received my unit two days ago and it has been working well until now. I have cleaned and cleaned the Z Axis area to no avail. The unit can not find the end of the bit when it move to the right to check the bit clearence it goes pass the bit check point. Any suggestions on what to do next, I am going to call the carvewright rep tomorrow.

bobi
01-14-2007, 06:36 PM
I received my unit two days ago and it has been working well until now. I have cleaned and cleaned the Z Axis area to no avail. The unit can not find the end of the bit when it move to the right to check the bit clearence it goes pass the bit check point. Any suggestions on what to do next, I am going to call the carvewright rep tomorrow.

If the bit is missing the the Z-flag, they have a "fix" for it that they will e-mail you that updates the firmware.

Ken-S
01-14-2007, 10:09 PM
I just got mine today after waiting 3 weeks to get it. Right off from the start I was getting Error 246. I read a couple of postings that stated to man handle the bit (move it right, left, up and down) and it seemed to work. The machine is actually carving something now. I hopes this helps you to.

Rick Devine
01-15-2007, 06:30 AM
I posted a troubleshooting guide a while ago that may help with your problem. You can find it in this thread....

http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=798

Rick