PDA

View Full Version : "O" ring replacement

chebytrk
06-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Anyone know if the new type "O" ring (for rubber belt assy) can be purchased at HD or LOWES. Don't know how the heck I lost mine, but I did. What's wierd is I wonder if it's really necessary because so far I've run about 4 projects and they're all coming out fine. I don't know the new size of these rings and was hoping to find some locally so I don't have to pay the big shipping price if I order one. Thanks........... JerryB

Digitalwoodshop
06-22-2011, 01:57 PM
There are a bunch of old posts on this.... some had measurement problems after... Worth looking for.

AL

AskBud
06-22-2011, 02:03 PM
Anyone know if the new type "O" ring (for rubber belt assy) can be purchased at HD or LOWES. Don't know how the heck I lost mine, but I did. What's wierd is I wonder if it's really necessary because so far I've run about 4 projects and they're all coming out fine. I don't know the new size of these rings and was hoping to find some locally so I don't have to pay the big shipping price if I order one. Thanks........... JerryBHere is a link to specs on the O-ring sizes.
AskBud
http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?18042-Missing-O-ring-and-damage-help-please&p=152025#post152025

mtylerfl
06-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Anyone know if the new type "O" ring (for rubber belt assy) can be purchased at HD or LOWES. Don't know how the heck I lost mine, but I did. What's wierd is I wonder if it's really necessary because so far I've run about 4 projects and they're all coming out fine. I don't know the new size of these rings and was hoping to find some locally so I don't have to pay the big shipping price if I order one. Thanks........... JerryB

Hi Jerry,

Here's a "shocker" for you...you do NOT need the O-ring. Your projects should run just fine without it (as you have already discovered). Remember Chris Rawls at the CW Conference? He made the "shocking announcement" regarding the O-ring during his presentation.