PDA

View Full Version : Question on Carving Time - Why So Long?

keninar
06-19-2011, 04:20 PM
Have a question on a design I am working on that features two purchased patterns.

Carving time seems excessively long (4.5 hours at Best and over 8 at Optimal for a 13 x 19 sign) Perhaps this is correct, but wish to make sure I haven't introduced something unneeded.

Using prior protocol, the best way for the veterans to diagnose any problems I may have introduced would be to take the .mpc apart.

Is posting a .mpc that uses the purchased patterns the way to approach this issue?

If so - I'll follow this post with one that has the .mpc.

If not - open to suggestions.

Thanks!

-ken

fwharris
06-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Ken,

It is NOT recommended to post MPC files that include purchased patterns. Although patterns purchased through the pattern depot have the file license protection that prevents others from uploading the patterns/projects to the card, patterns purchased from other vendor sites do not have that protection.

Your carve time does sound about right for the size you posted if it has a large raster area to be carved.

AskBud
06-19-2011, 05:03 PM
As Ken said, while I was typing my original response, the time seems correct.
Large and/or deep carve areas eat time, and pattern will add to that as well.
Here is a 9 x 22 MPC that took over 8 hours on Optimal.
AskBud

keninar
06-19-2011, 05:04 PM
Mr. Harris - Thanks for the response. That's why I asked the question first.

Allow me to annotate a .jpeg of the carving for further discussion.

You are mostly likely correct - but I would value your input to rule out something I have inadvertently done.

Thanks!

-ken

keninar
06-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Took the project apart - piece by piece - and it confirmed Buds assessment of the time required for a "large" raster area. See attached pic.

Thought I was doing the right thing, but not so.

Able to accomplish the identical presentation by inserting the elements individually and reduced the total carve time to 2:41.

Thanks again for the input.

So much to learn............

-ken

fwharris
06-19-2011, 07:04 PM
Ken,

Great job of re working your mpc and using other elements/software to get the same/similar affect.