PDA

View Full Version : I could just scream

Rocky
06-19-2011, 11:04 AM
I just downloaded a pattern from the CW pattern store. CW sent me a serial number. Under "Manage Licenses" I tried to register the pattern I just bought using the serial number in the email from CW.....I keep getting an error message saying the serial number is invalid. Sometimes I think LHR goes out of their way to make things difficult.

What now?

Thanks,
Rocky

lynnfrwd
06-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Serial number starts AFTER the colon. Use capital letters and decimal points.

(Sunday morning, Father's day, how is that for going out of our way?)

fwharris
06-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Rocky,

When you do the "manage license" step use the "update licenese" tab. It will do the log in to your account to find the pattern you need to activate.

TerryT
06-19-2011, 11:44 AM

That is pretty cool C. Thanks

Rocky
06-19-2011, 05:52 PM

I appreciate your response. I followed the instructions in the email (like you also said, serial no. is after the colon) and entered the serial number EXACTLY as in the email. I even did a Control C copy and pasted the serial number.

I tried it again and again with no success as you can see.

Rocky
06-19-2011, 05:56 PM
Rocky,

When you do the "manage license" step use the "update licenese" tab. It will do the log in to your account to find the pattern you need to activate.

Thanks for the feedback, but no success here either. See attached. I'm not sure what's going on here. Clicking on "Finish" just puts me back to the starting point.

Digitalwoodshop
06-19-2011, 06:00 PM
I have had the same cycle of Frustration.... The last 3 times I called software and had them do it... Then BAM... worked....

So YES, I know your frustration.....

AL

AskBud
06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Rocky,
I've sent you a private message.
The first step is to download the pattern, either by the TRY Method or the Download link in the eMail.
I'll await your call.
AskBud

fwharris
06-19-2011, 06:54 PM
Rocky,
The first step is to download the pattern, either by the TRY Method or the Download link in the eMail.
I'll await your call.
AskBud

Bud,

Good point on "downloading the pattern from the email link"!!!

Rocky
06-19-2011, 07:51 PM
Rocky,
I'll await your call.
AskBud

With AskBud's help I was able to "activate" my purchased pattern. I had originally downloaded and saved the pattern using the "Try" option suggested on the CW Patterns web site. This was the pattern file I was trying to "activate". After receiving AslBud's response, I deleted the pattern saved in my library from the "Try" option and re-downloaded the pattern using the link in the email I received. I was then able to "activate" the pattern. It seems to me that there is a problem with the "Try" option that needs to be corrected. In the interim, LHR's email should state that one has re-download the pattern if they had previuosly downloaded pattern via the "Try" option.

Thanks, folks for the feedback, especially AskBud.

lynnfrwd
06-20-2011, 09:39 AM
The image in post #5 shows that you were trying to register your pattern license using the Activate Subscription tool instead of Activate License tool. For new patterns, collections, projects & software, use the Activate License tool. For CarversClub or Project of the Month Subscription, use the Activate Subscription tool. For patterns, collections, projects and software that has previously been activated from another computer or in your Customer Account, use Update License to apply to a computer where it is not active. For license files that are emailed to you, (MPL's) use the Import License File.

You should be able to license using TRY without having to reload it. I say "should". It is possible there is an issue with that, so I will get my Customer Service guys to see if others are having and issue and we will test it.

Rocky
06-20-2011, 11:27 AM
The image in post #5 shows that you were trying to register your pattern license using the Activate Subscription tool instead of Activate License tool. For new patterns, collections, projects & software, use the Activate License tool. For CarversClub or Project of the Month Subscription, use the Activate Subscription tool. For patterns, collections, projects and software that has previously been activated from another computer or in your Customer Account, use Update License to apply to a computer where it is not active. For license files that are emailed to you, (MPL's) use the Import License File.

You should be able to license using TRY without having to reload it. I say "should". It is possible there is an issue with that, so I will get my Customer Service guys to see if others are having and issue and we will test it.

I appreciate the fact that you reviewed my posts. However, actually, I tried all the tabs in that screen, including "Activate License", and I still received the error. It's unfortunate that I choose a bad example to include in that response.

Thanks,