PDA

View Full Version : Brand new Carvewright owner!

flyan_bryan
06-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Hello,

I, my name is Bryan and I love woodworking. I am glad somebody came out with a carving machine that is so versatile. I have a lot of projects in mind to do with the Carvewright, so I am going to need a lot of advice. Glad to be part of the group.

Bryan

TerryT
06-18-2011, 09:51 PM
Welcome Bryan,
What do you fly? I flew a T6 Texan a couple of years ago. All the loops, inverted flying and stalls that my stomach could handle. Flew the last half hour home with the canopy open at about 1500 ft, just in case! It was a Fathers day present from my wife and kids. A couple of weekends ago I took one of my granddaughters for a ride in a steerman. Another fathers day present. I may post some pics if I can figure out how to get them off of my new phone. There are a lot of folks with great advice here. Just ask.

jaroot
06-19-2011, 12:03 AM
Welcome flyan_bryan!

lawrence
06-19-2011, 12:56 AM
Welcome! I wish you smooth carves, sound patterns, and strong bits

I look forward to seeing your work--

Welcome again
Lawrence

Digitalwoodshop
06-19-2011, 09:01 AM
Bryan,

Welcome to the Forum.

Take a Buzz through the Tips and Tricks on the CarveWright Page. It will give you great info to prevent Pilot Errors many here get.

The Rule of 7 Inches of Wood is one thing that gives many a Touch and Go feeling about the machine until you understand it.

Many Crash when the project is Scaled Smaller and they come here disoriented and lost.

Tips and Tricks will help you Buzz through setup and use the machine.

Soon you will be Barn Storming through Projects.

This will result in Smooth Flying in operating the machine....

Prop Clocks are something you might consider... Ones with a Clock and the Lat and Long on them of the home airfield.

Good Luck,

AL

unitedcases
06-19-2011, 01:32 PM
Nicely Done Al.

Digitalwoodshop
06-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Extra Extra... Read all About IT.... Matag CW Repairman resorts to Crossword Puzzles to fill the time and wins National Championship...... Film at 11....

AL

TerryT
06-19-2011, 07:17 PM
LOL! Only one you forgot, Al, is FOD. Can you fit that in?

gregsolano
06-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Welcome aboard if you are like me it will consume all your free time. If I am not on the forum I am in the garage.

CarverJerry
06-20-2011, 06:42 PM
Welcome aboard Bryan, it's gottcha now........you're hooked like the rest of us and now you will become one of our family here on the forum. What a bunch of nice guys here.

Hey Al-Who........speaking of prop-clocks, has anyone ever made a pattern for one, double sided and not full size? Would love to try something like that, as I've made a clock from a prop that is aluminum and a full size propeller.

CJ

TerryT
06-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Ok, I was gonna do that old prop wash gag but decided not to. I fell victim to that about 40 years ago. I spent half a day looking for a pint of propwash!