PDA

View Full Version : gui will not load large ptns,

temler
06-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi all
I have no idea what i did or if i did something. only thing i have done since i know the program worked with the patterns i need was to sync all my carve wright files onto a network drive and then sync all of my computer with that file so all my computer have daily sync so all of them have the same files, i hope this hasn't caused the problem but i hope you all can help, the first attached file loads okay and work and the second file will not load at all. and the third file which i have used a bunch of times will not load now on any of my computers. HELP.
I guess my file must be too big to upload through here, but the first and last one that don't work are large files with a lot of line segments, and the middle one is a simple little sign not large file, i don't know if file size has anything to do with it or not but maybe. i am downloading the GUI again and see if something went wrong.
Maybe there is a setting that got changed that tell the GUI to only load file of a certain size.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Tim from OH

eelamb
06-18-2011, 06:09 PM
Sounds like it may be a problem with your favorites.mpn file being too large. If over 100Meg it gives problems such as this.

temler
06-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Shoot me, that didn't do it. what else would keep the larger file to not open, really stinks, i can't loose all my large files. the other day i had a strange problem with a couple files don't remember which one but they opened but the carving list didn't come up with all the name and group just a bunch of dashes, i could click on a dash and it would open that line segment or what ever it was tied to. i don't know if this has anything to do with my problem or not. i have tried this on 2 of my computers, of course it does the same since i synced on my pc data files with a network drive so no matter where i am working in the shop or barn or my man cave or the lap top all the same files will be on all of them, maybe when i combined everything I did something wrong but i can't find it.

Thanks for the help
Tim