PDA

View Full Version : Puffing

SteveNelson46
06-17-2011, 12:38 PM
I stumbled onto this one by accident. Draw two retcangles, one inside the other and group them. select the group then double click somewhere inside the group and a pop-up box comes up with "puffing options" Does anyone know what this is or does?

dougmsbbs
06-17-2011, 03:12 PM
That's very interesting! I wonder what else is in there that is undocumented, not fully implemented, or 'we decided not to go that route but forgot to take it out'?

Can't wait to hear what 'puffing' is 'pose to do.

Nice find, btw.

jaroot
06-17-2011, 03:35 PM
My wish would be that you could nest a rec inside of a rec, or oval inside of an oval, and "puff" the area in between to make a domed or beaded surface. That would be awesome!

mtylerfl
06-17-2011, 03:53 PM
I stumbled onto this one by accident. Draw two retcangles, one inside the other and group them. select the group then double click somewhere inside the group and a pop-up box comes up with "puffing options" Does anyone know what this is or does?

I believe it is just "rogue code" that may have been leftover from early experiments with a future advanced version of Designer.
I don't think you'll actually get it to function in the current public release versions of Designer - but it's kinda interesting you stumbled upon the menu pop-up.

lynnfrwd
06-17-2011, 04:01 PM
That's very interesting! I wonder what else is in there that is undocumented, not fully implemented, or 'we decided not to go that route but forgot to take it out'?

Can't wait to hear what 'puffing' is 'pose to do.

Nice find, btw.

I'm wondering that too! LOL The tool window pops up, but you guys can't actually do anything with it.

I am told that it is an experimental feature and we may or may not have it as an option in the future.