PDA

View Full Version : The honeymoon is over......246 Z-Axis stall

Houndie dog
01-14-2007, 11:16 AM
The suspense was killing me......but I finally had a problem :cry:
I am getting a z-axis stall error code 246. It figures that this is the only day this week I can play with my new toy and CW is closed.
I would appreciate any ideas anyone has to fix this. I have already blown the machine out with dry compressed air....no help.

Thanks
Grant

nlmcnamara
01-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Join The Club I got to use mine for 1 hour..I guess I made an expensive mistake, called sears and they said they had no tech help I would have to return it..Que Sera, Sera

Dan-Woodman
01-14-2007, 12:06 PM
There are several posts referring to this problem, some in trouble shooting .

Houndie dog
01-14-2007, 12:26 PM
After getting the z-axis stall several times I got mine working by cleaning the heck out of the z-axis belt area and wheel area with air. this worked well and every other time i got this error a very good cleaning by blowing out the area seemed to fix the problem. I am finding that a clean machine is a happy machine. I am no expert yet...just got mine...but keeping everything clean seems to be the key to making this thing work.

pontiak
01-14-2007, 05:55 PM
I use my leave blower. It clears all the dust right out of the machine.I have made 7 signs so far. Not one problem yet. I think if everyone cleans there machine after each use. Many problems would be avoided.This is one great machine. I have sold two signs $80 bucks so far. I only had it 2 days. :D :)

Ken-S
01-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I just got mine today after waiting 3 weeks to get it. Right off from the start I was getting Error 246. I read a couple of postings that stated to man handle the bit (move it right, left, up and down) and it seemed to work. The machine is actually carving something now. I hopes this helps you to.