PDA

View Full Version : Users group in Western Washington

easybuilt
06-16-2011, 08:51 AM
Four of us have started a users group in Western Washington. Currently we are meeting every two weeks. We are meeting today at 11am in Enumclaw and we are training each other on DXF software and painting techniques. This has been a lot of fun. We change our location each meeting to make it easer for everyone.
Anyone interested in joining our group let me know.

ibewiggin
06-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Oh man, I would love to start coming to theses meetings. I have a hectic schedule and will try and make as many as I can. Please keep me posted.

easybuilt
06-16-2011, 11:01 PM
Oh man, I would love to start coming to theses meetings. I have a hectic schedule and will try and make as many as I can. Please keep me posted.
We had a great time learning from each other for 3 hours but it could have gone all day.
Our next meeting is June 30th 11am in Enumclaw. let us know if you can make it, would love to have you.

ibewiggin
06-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Probably not going to make it this week either. Have to take my mom to Olympia FOr court at 9. Please let me know about the next one, please. I would really like to make one and get some pointers on things.

easybuilt
07-07-2011, 08:24 AM
Probably not going to make it this week either. Have to take my mom to Olympia FOr court at 9. Please let me know about the next one, please. I would really like to make one and get some pointers on things.

Our next meeting will be Friday at 3pm in Enumclaw. Three confirmed attending, anyone else let me know.
These meeting sure help each other!

ibewiggin
07-07-2011, 10:16 AM
I will definitely try. Friday, as in tomorrow right? Where and what should I bring?

easybuilt
07-07-2011, 08:05 PM
I will definitely try. Friday, as in tomorrow right? Where and what should I bring?
We are meeting at 39909 258th ave se Enumclaw, wash 98022

Phone# 360-825-4269
Looks like we have several attending. We are discussing machine maintenance this time. If you have a laptop bring it and any questions.
Hope to see you tomorrow!

easybuilt
08-24-2011, 11:23 AM
The next meeting for the Western Washington Users Group will September 1st in Enumclaw at 1pm.
Please let me know if you are coming and if you have any questions PM me.

Everyone is welcome to join us. We have a great time and share lots of ideas.
We are meeting at 39909 258th ave SE, Enumclaw, Wash 98022
Phone# 360-825-4269

easybuilt
10-20-2011, 12:10 AM
Our next meeting of the Western Washingtons Users group will be Thursday October 27th at 1pm. It will be at my shop in Bonney Lake. The address is 6809 183rd Ave E, 253-951-6385.
Let me know if you are able to attend. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Stan just came back from Hawaii, maybe he will bring pictures and sunshine!!

ibewiggin
10-20-2011, 12:32 AM
Yay! Sunshine! I should be able to make it, give my wife a chance to do my birthday shopping.

GrammaPam
10-20-2011, 10:58 AM
We do so look forward to the gatherings. I do hope Helen's wrist is recovered enough for her to make it. IB, if you want to carpool from Tacoma, let me know.
G.P.

easybuilt
10-28-2011, 08:46 AM
Here are the meeting notes from our Western Washington's users meeting on Thursday complied by by GrammaPam, We had a great time and covered a lot in two hours. Thank you everyone who was there and sharing so much!
"On a day so bright the sun shined even more golden through the fall leaves. Dragonfly silhouettes darted through the brilliant autumn haze. A frog crocked hoarsely out of sight. Four members of the Western Washington Carvewright Users Group gathered at Tom’s shop in Bonney Lake. Tom, Stan, Shane and Pam were in attendance.
We compared the upgrades and differences on Tom’s machines. Board tracking problems were talked about and improvements to Floyd Harris’ dust collection system were analyzed. A serious discussion was had on the toxicity of some woods; the symptoms, the importance of good respiration and through washing up after handling. Hemlock and cedar are two woods common in our area. Shop setup and organization was a perfect topic as Tom’s workspace is a prime example of how to fit all the equipment for a shop running two CWs on separate vacuum systems backed up with overhead air filtration and all the woodworking tools needed for a growing sign business in a 24’ X 26’ space.
Everyone admired the many completed signs and Tom’s separate painting area. Tom took the group on a computer tour of Jason Allen’s CNC Art Guild webinar where there is lots to learn and more than a good deal for anyone who joins or visits the site.
It is through the local user groups and the sharing of people across the country like Jason, Bud, Al, Ken, all the knowledgeable, talented and generous people, that Carvewright and computer ability is growing for the benefit of all of us."

TerryT
10-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Well done. I wish we weren't so far apart. The few folks I'm aware of in my area aren't interested in a user's group for some reason.

ibewiggin
10-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Terry, you aren't that far, it is only once a month. Lol. I have lots of family over that way, Spokane, Airway heights, and Green Acres. Have to meet up one of these times. Maybe we could invade Windsor plywood, that place has some nice stuff. Happy carving.

TerryT
10-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Windsor plywood is my favorite place. They end up with a bunch of my money every month. If you do get to Spokane, give me a call. I'd love to meet you. Oh, and bring Tom with you, he hasn't seen my new shop set up.

TerryT
10-28-2011, 11:10 AM
Here are a few pics of my shop. The only reason you can see the floor through the saw dust is because I'm giving a Start U class this weekend so I cleaned up a little. In one of the picks you can see a brand new version C machine still in the box waiting for the new owner to pick up at the class on sunday.

TerryT
10-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Here is a few pics of the retail sales area. We have walk in customers for our main business and I have samples available for them to look at.

GrammaPam
10-28-2011, 01:51 PM
Really nice shop and great retail space Terry. I did notice a small empty space on the wall. Probably only 'cause you mentioned it was still a new enviroment. Empty spaces don't last long in a shop. Thanks for sharing.
G.P.

easybuilt
10-28-2011, 11:52 PM
WOW Terry,you have a nice new shop! I like all the room and where you have your spare boards at. It looks like you have added a lot more signs in your store.
Looking forward to coming your way again.