PDA

View Full Version : Y stall error at the end of a project, need help ASAP

Sallen1215
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Ok so everything carved except the centerline text, i don't want to let the machine air carve for 3 hours just to get the text if it is at all possible.. The MPC wont uplaod onto the forum but im happy to email it so anyone that can help

and the material is 3/16 acrylic.

Thankyou Stephen

liquidguitars
06-15-2011, 07:37 PM
As long as the inpoints are the same with your layout, just make a box around your MPC carving and set it to zero or hide the rasters.... if you getting a y stall I would check your truck for dirt.

Sallen1215
06-15-2011, 07:44 PM
cleared the truck and rails here is a screen shot, the issue is the fact i have a carve region that if i get rid of it then the text changes dramatically45188

Deolman
06-15-2011, 08:11 PM
When I had a problem with a conforming vector using centerline text, I left the project under the rollers. I had to start the project again but as soon as the bit checking was over, I removed the bit and let the machine think it was carving a new board. When it asked for the v-bit I inserted it and it carved the centerline text fine.

Digitalwoodshop
06-15-2011, 08:29 PM
Son, you have worn out bearings in the Y Gear Box.... The Y Stall happened when during your last carve the worn Y Gear Box caused the Popping Noise of the gear slipping a tooth... Off Setting the head toward the keypad. All was well or at least NO alarm.... Your Carve Region is off set toward the keypad... So when the Y went to home position after the carve finished it hit the mechanical stop wall before it expected it... Hence the STALL..... Trust me... I have had this a few times before I learned....

SO order some 5 x 11 x 5 mm bearings.... Forget the carve.... It's TOAST.... Offset...

AL

Sallen1215
06-15-2011, 08:45 PM
Al your help is always appreciated, i should clarify, the carve finished but the text is using the 60 degree v bit, and there was too much plastic dust on the rails and i should have watched it closer but because i didnt it went to the bit plate and was not able to make it cause of buildup of the plastic dust, the bearings are fine, all carves fine just need to do the text cause that's when i had the stall. i guess ill have to let it air carve for 3 hours and then just change the bit and finish the carve

liquidguitars
06-15-2011, 09:23 PM
Good Idea regarding conforming vector Doeoman... I think LHR could add something that would "turn off" the raster under an conform path someday.

unitedcases
06-15-2011, 11:06 PM
Time to talk about the 250hr regime cleaning. Change cut motor brushes, change Y motor bushings, Regrease both gearboxes and spray a little WD-40 or silicone spray on the back of the vertical bearings for the Z truck. Takes about 2 hours from start to finish but definitely worth the time to keep it running like new.

Digitalwoodshop
06-16-2011, 09:09 AM
As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say at a time like this.... "Nevermind"....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roseanne_Roseannadanna

AL

earlyrider
06-17-2011, 01:05 AM
(Usually after a discussion about "Violins on Television")