PDA

View Full Version : help on a logo

skeeterman
06-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Tried to make a decent ptn from this logo by using the Tips & tricks oct/nov 2010 creating carvewright 3-D patterns from silhouetts, I tried multiple times with the paint.net that was used and when i get to final stageand try saving as a png, it keeps showing that this will flatten the image and i have no other choice, and the ptn is flattened , so i am not getting a 3-D ptn. any help would be appreciated
needing this converted for a project that a client is needing
steve

Sallen1215
06-14-2011, 10:35 PM
Well correct me if m wrong but im pretty sure a flattened image only means that the layers you created will all flatten to combine and make the one image. As far as 3-d that is all in how the grayscale gradient is designed and how the Designer software sees the different levels of gray and black. Never hurts to give it a try and see how it turns out.

Stephen

bjbethke
06-14-2011, 11:50 PM
Tried to make a decent ptn from this logo by using the Tips & tricks oct/nov 2010 creating carvewright 3-D patterns from silhouetts, I tried multiple times with the paint.net that was used and when i get to final stageand try saving as a png, it keeps showing that this will flatten the image and i have no other choice, and the ptn is flattened , so i am not getting a 3-D ptn. any help would be appreciated
needing this converted for a project that a client is needing
steve

Will this work?

skeeterman
06-15-2011, 04:47 AM
thanks BJ thats what i was trying to do, but each time i used the paint.net i kept getting the flat 2-D it did not even round the edges. had 4 layers in the image and the last thing it would do would flatten image when i saved, so not sure what i did diferent from the tips and tricks but thier Donzi logo turned out great.
i will play with it somemore and try to figure out what I may be doing wrong. thanks again
steve

DickB
06-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Before you flatten the layers, try saving your image work as a .pdn and posting so we can take a look.