PDA

View Full Version : One for the experts

Dan-Woodman
06-13-2011, 10:56 AM
I just talked to a youg man at LHR, trying to order the magnet assembly that goes on the end of the motor. I was informed that I would have to buy a new cut motor as this part does not come seperate.
I explained exactly what I needed and even asked to spesk to someone else . He said it would be the same story, they don't sell that part seperate from the motor.
Is this for real. This should be a $5.00 dollar part and they want me to buy a new motor.
This is after I placed an order for the CT spindle , brushes, FFC cable , spacers, etc. Then I found out I had to have two small circuit boards to go with the FFC cable ( since I have the 18 pin and changing to the new 14 pin. They wouldn't even throw in shipping for the mix up.
I was looking to solve the Check cut motor problem I have had forever, with that magnet assembly. Guess I 'll have to live with that one.

later Daniel

Digitalwoodshop
06-13-2011, 11:23 AM
Talked to Daniel in parts and No Not Avaliable.....

Called Philip in Hardware and it IS available as a internal part but a mechanical inclined person can install it...

A2133 $1.53 Magnet Retainer.....

Called back and Connie said that no it was not avaliable... You had to send your motor in or buy a new motor....

Calling Ron Justice.... OR Supper Glue.....

AL

Jeff_Birt
06-13-2011, 11:27 AM
On tip in general for talking with someone else on the phone about parts, always try to use the same names as used in the parts list: http://www.carvewright.com/2010CWweb/service/Maintenence/CW_parts_list_manual.pdf . Having done a bit of phone troubleshooting myself over the years it always helps if both of you are using the same name for stuff. As far the cut motor, as I recall it has always been sold as a complete unit, you could get brushes for it though (at one time). The magnet is glued to the shaft and there is a sensor PCB that senses the magnet, but there is no 'magnet assembly' at least that I am aware of.

EDIT: Al, I forgot about the retainer they added. It was to keep the magnet in place. If your magnet is still on the shaft then there is no advantage to it.

Dan-Woodman
06-13-2011, 12:31 PM
Thanks guys
I'm cooling off a bit now. Looking at past threads , other people have said they couldn't get parts either. Looking at Al's pictures,maybe I can glue a magnet back in the recess of the shaft. If that don't work I'll make a hole new retainer, or just put up with CCM alarm like I have for over 5 years now.
Thanks for all the support guys
later Daniel

Deolman
06-13-2011, 01:06 PM
I purchased a magnet for my cut motor last January. Strange situation though, I was told I needed the magnet and a retainer. When it got here the retainer had a magnet embedded in it already. I would be on the safe side and order both of the following part numbers in case you don't need the magnet. (I figured I will now use the magnet to hold a lid or door closed.) Here is the info from my invoice:

SKU - Item - Price
P008-00005 - Neodymium Disc Magnet - $1.71
A2133 - [Internal use only] - Motor Magnet Retainer $1.53

Hope this helps.

Jeff_Birt
06-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Dan, the design of the cut motor has also been improved over the years. There is likely a trade-off between where fixing up an older motor makes less sense than buying a new one. I guess that would depend on the condition and number of hours on the motor.

Digitalwoodshop
06-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I would Epoxy it in place.... I did the heat shrink but the solvent in my over lube of the flex is what weakened it up...

As for the CCM.... I get it even with the magnet... In the first few seconds of a new carve on the first bit....

If you use Options and look and see if the Cut Motor Pulses are working..... Rotate the Bit Holder, one revolution = 1 pulse.

AL