PDA

View Full Version : Customized Menus

Hank
01-14-2007, 08:37 AM
I am using a trial version of the software. There are many functions that I moved from the right to the left in the customize panel. However these functions don't show up in the menus. What am I doing wrong? Functions such as Trim, Copy, Concentric, Horizontal, Vertical etc.

BobHill
01-14-2007, 09:06 AM
Hank,

Trim is in the Drawing Menu. Copy of course is in Edit or on the keyboard, as all windows such command (Control C of selected object). Or if you want a Copy Offset you'll find it in Layout. I'm not sure what you mean by Concentric, unless you mean the Spiral tool, which also is in Drawing. And I'm not sure what you wish to do in Horizontal or Vertical, as you can flip an object, mirror objects or center objects in either of those plains and you'll find each in Layout.

The Drawing Menu contains all vector tools and perhaps the Demo doesn't include these, I'm not sure, but if you have them as icons, I'd suspect they are there.

Bob

Hank
01-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Bob

I'm sorry if I haven't made myself clear I'm a 2D guy and wish to carve some items from 2D geometry these extra tools will make it feel like the cad systems I'm used to.

Problem:
I've tried using the customized toolbar to move tools from the available (right side) to the selected (left side) and placed them on the utility tools. The upper (bad Photo) shows the tools I moved. See under the separator.

The lower photo shows the result, none of those tools are available. I've tried the move these tools to other menus with no luck.

Hope this helps

Hank

Jeff_Birt
01-14-2007, 04:01 PM
There are some items, as you have seen that are not activated in the software, being only available to the original beta testers as they are either new features being tested or will be available when the new 'professional' version of the software is available. There are several posts on this subject, some with responses from CW.

Ifr you see some featuer that you think is missing from the software post it in the 'Designer Wish List' thread to let CW know.