PDA

View Full Version : Text Issue ??

Marzluf
01-14-2007, 07:47 AM
Sorry, no delivery from Sears yet, so I'm still playing with the designer.

My question is about text. I laid out a design last night and included some text. I gave the text a measurement from the bottom of the piece to align everything. Only problem was a lower case 'g'. Apparently, when there is a lower case letter than extends down below the normal writting line (bottom of all other letters), the software uses the lowest point as the bottomw of the word... Meaning, my word with a lower case 'g' was higher on the piece than the other words without...

Has anyone else seen this issue? Do you have to always reference the top of the workpiece for a measurement ??

Does any of this make sence how I'm describing it ?

BobHill
01-14-2007, 08:35 AM
Can you show us a photo image of the results you are getting? And what font and point size are you making your text? Remember that you will be cutting the letters (if you are doing a raster carve) with the carving bit, which although has a 1/16" tip goes to a width of 1/8" if it's asked to go deep. Thus you'll get chipping of letters if the letters are either too close together or too small for the depth you've set.

Bob

bobi
01-15-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry, no delivery from Sears yet, so I'm still playing with the designer.

My question is about text. I laid out a design last night and included some text. I gave the text a measurement from the bottom of the piece to align everything. Only problem was a lower case 'g'. Apparently, when there is a lower case letter than extends down below the normal writting line (bottom of all other letters), the software uses the lowest point as the bottomw of the word... Meaning, my word with a lower case 'g' was higher on the piece than the other words without...

Has anyone else seen this issue? Do you have to always reference the top of the workpiece for a measurement ??

Does any of this make sence how I'm describing it ?

Yes it makes sense, just think of a box that goes completely around the text in question, if there is a capital letter or a decender the box will be taller to contain the text. You know you can put in a whole sentence and use multiple lines all in one go.