PDA

View Full Version : center line in carve out region

carrothers
06-10-2011, 09:26 AM
I keep getting an error messsage saying it's too deep. Board is .75, carveout default is .25, centerline is .25. I changed both to .1 but still get the error message. the mpc is attached...any suggestions? thanks. Pete

AskBud
06-10-2011, 09:41 AM
I keep getting an error messsage saying it's too deep. Board is .75, carveout default is .25, centerline is .25. I changed both to .1 but still get the error message. the mpc is attached...any suggestions? thanks. Pete
From what I see, you have applied Conforming Vectors to your Centerline (which is the correct way to go). Your problem is that you have, also, applied BOLD to the text which makes the text deeper. This is not needed, nor wise, with Conforming Vectors as it probably will make this text too deep for your carve area. Remove the BOLD option and I think you'll be fine.
AskBud

atauer
06-10-2011, 10:18 AM
I agree with Bud on this one. The bold option is causing it to go deeper, as bud has described.

carrothers
06-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, even taking bold off still didn't work. I changed to Raster (vrs. centerline) and still got the error message. I'm sure you can do lettering in a carveout region but so far I haven't broken the code.

AskBud
06-11-2011, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, even taking bold off still didn't work. I changed to Raster (vrs. centerline) and still got the error message. I'm sure you can do lettering in a carveout region but so far I haven't broken the code.
OK,
I've done some testing!
I'm attaching my final test MPC.
I first removed the BOLD option. There is a gremlin that caused the text height to enlarge, which I reduced to 3.700.
Once that was done, I compiled the MPC and it was accepted. Should it fail re-check your beginning steps, as I found that sometimes a gremlin brings back an old setting!
It does work!

By the way, the error message has more words than you quote! The last part tells you more to consider. It continues: "or exceed the capabilities of the bit."

TerryT
06-11-2011, 12:19 PM
The depth of the cut in centerline using a v bit is determined by the width of the letters. Apparently, with this font ,at this size, in a .25 carve region, it requires the bit to be deeper than the safe cutting depth limit programmed into the software. Try a narrower font. Or make the text smaller.

EDIT: Sorry Bud, I was testing, measuring and typing at the same time. Didn't realize you had already responded.