PDA

View Full Version : Z axis stall E06-0313

mikedhill1
06-10-2011, 12:41 AM
I was carving a pattern when this error showed up. I turned the machine off, and back on, but the error was still there. I manually moved the truck back towards the control side of the machine. Turned it back on, the error was gone, tried to run the pattern again, and when measuring the board, I got the error message again at about the midway point measuring the width. This is where the error continues to occur. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Mike

unitedcases
06-10-2011, 02:33 AM
At what point did you get the stall? IOW was it measuring the board, doing its preliminary checks beforeloading the board?

mikedhill1
06-10-2011, 06:19 AM
The first time it happened was during carving, now it happens while measuring the board.

mtylerfl
06-10-2011, 06:38 AM
Hello,

I found this in the CarveWright Troubleshooting Guide (http://www.carvewright.com/service/Maintenence/Troubleshooting_Guide.pdf) (page 51)...

E06 - Z axis stall (Normal)
Description of Issue
A Z-axis stall is caused when the difference between the commanded distance becomes much
more than the actual distance over the allotted time interval. An easy example of this would
be putting your hand on the cutting truck and preventing it from moving during an operation.
The computer is commanding it (and expecting it to move a certain distance in a given time
interval) but your hand is preventing it from moving; or stalling the movement. A stall does
not have to be a physical obstacle to movement. For instance if a power lead to the motor was
broken then the motor would not move when commanded and the computer would record a
stall.

Possible Causes
Causes include: obstacles blocking the movement of the cutting head, outdated firmware,
faulty electrical circuit in the shop, and electrical short in the machine, a loose connector, a
faulty power supply, or a cut motor that is not spinning.

Troubleshooting Steps
Consult the troubleshooting document titled “Z-Axis Stall” for detailed diagnosis instructions.

AskBud
06-10-2011, 07:19 AM
For some reason, I can not locate the link for this statement!
Troubleshooting Steps
Consult the troubleshooting document titled “Z-Axis Stall” for detailed diagnosis instructions.
I've tried everything I can think of, but have a mental block on the location!
AskBud

OK, I figured it out (with the help from LHR)! The above statement is meant for the LHR Tech(s), and requires a call as you have seemed to have exhausted the written steps in the manual.
AskBud

Digitalwoodshop
06-10-2011, 11:19 AM
Classic FFC Cable failure....

AL

mikedhill1
06-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Ok I'm pretty sure it is the FFC cable. So how do I go about ordering a replacement cable?

fwharris
06-10-2011, 07:40 PM
It is after hours now so you will have to wait until Monday to call it in.

I do have an extra one if you want to PM me......

mikedhill1
06-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Just disconnected the FFC cable from the truck head and found a break in the wire right at the black plastic covering.

mikedhill1
06-10-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the offer, but I can wait until monday, and I will order a few extra to keep on hand. I am just glad I was able to get it figured out so quickly. Once again you guys have helped me out with my machine. Thanks for all the help.. Mike
It is after hours now so you will have to wait until Monday to call it in.

I do have an extra one if you want to PM me......

unitedcases
06-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Nice when its that easy to find the problem. Sucks your out for a 3 dollar part. I recommend buying a few cause they do go out when you least expect it. I keep a few on hand. Here we go again talking about shipping prices. 12 bucks for up to 3 pounds.

fwharris
06-10-2011, 08:00 PM
That is why I stocked up on a few items when I was in Houston!!

Mike,

Your welcome! Glad you did find your problem!!!

Digitalwoodshop
06-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Order the Cut Motor Brushes too.... Change at 250 Cut Motor hours....

And find a source for the 5 x 11 x 5 mm Bearings in the Y Gear box too... Local will work.... Need 2 and replace at 450 cut motor hours.... I am going to do them when I change brushes at 250... They smooth out the Y.

Lots of posts on them with the numbers.

AL

Mjacob03
05-29-2012, 03:24 PM
I was carving a pattern when this error showed up. I turned the machine off, and back on, but the error was still there. I manually moved the truck back towards the control side of the machine. Turned it back on, the error was gone, tried to run the pattern again, and when measuring the board, I got the error message again at about the midway point measuring the width. This is where the error continues to occur. Any ideas would be great. Thanks Mike

Mike, had the same problem. Machine is sitting on the foot of the basement stairs waiting for a miracle.

I did everything..... cannot figure out....

These carvewright folks are no help unless you pay them....... Have you had any other luck ?:mad:

AskBud
05-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Mike, had the same problem. Machine is sitting on the foot of the basement stairs waiting for a miracle.

I did everything..... cannot figure out....

These carvewright folks are no help unless you pay them....... Have you had any other luck ?:mad:I'm afraid we need more info on your problem..
As you see, this error would indicate up & down movement of the Z-truck.
Give us specifics of your problem. What are you doing? When does it happen? What actions had you taken (cleaning, repair, maintenance, etc) prior to the error? What chuck do you have?
AskBud