PDA

View Full Version : You'll Eat This One Up!

Dhaffner
06-09-2011, 07:24 PM
I saw a post about the chef using his CarveWright to make candy molds and finally had to try it myself. The Azek material isn't very porous and I thought it might just make a decent master....I carved a shape I like (ha!) then cleaned it well in some warm soapy water. Once dry, I mixed a batch of foodsafe molding material (it sets quickly...about 20 minuted) and let it dry. I then removed the mold...cleaned it and heated up some chocolate.
The chocolate goes in the mold, and then they go into the freezer for a bit (I think it was about an hour).
It works! Now to make it efficient, you'd probably want to do a larger master set...maybe a dozen or so. But how fun is that?
I can't wait to see Brandon mix up a batch of Chocolate violins!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4RnsnzNpaXI/TfFhwe_fdTI/AAAAAAAAB_o/cv_YsucspkE/s1600/chocofun2.jpg

gregsolano
06-09-2011, 07:45 PM
Looks great! Be careful about leaving chocolate in the freezer too long it turns white and looks old. usually 20 minutes or so is long enough. You can put it in the fridge and leave it for hours but not the freezer. I make chocolate candy for christmas and valentines day and now I am thinking about my own molds!

fwharris
06-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Doug,

Cool idea, Haffner sweets! Just dont get them mixed up with the foam!!

earlyrider
06-10-2011, 09:48 AM
You can use food grade polyethylene. HDPE machines well in the CW.