PDA

View Full Version : Software Registration Issue

JoeyZ
01-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Ok, I have a couple of problems and put them both in two seperate postings but will talk about both in each.

1. I can't register my software, my serial number has letters in it and my registration doesn't allow for letters. I tried just entering the numbers to no avail either.

2. I used the machine once for a small carving, and when I put in the board (yes I turned it off and gave the machine a break) it gave me a 281 RPM sensor fault and told me to press stop. I shut off the machine, hit it with compressed air and vaccuumed all the dust out. But when I turned it back on it gave me the same issue. The error is not in the book and not anywhere on this forum. Can someone tell me what this is? Or if there is a link to all the possible error messages and resolutions? It's hard to troubleshoot if you can't get all the info.

P.S. I tried calling the phone number several times before I got the machine and all I get is the run around answering machine to nothing.

Jeff_Birt
01-14-2007, 01:33 AM
1) My serial number has letters in it too, starts with somethign like AA. I had no problems entering it, what do you mean when you say it won't allow for letters?

2) What is the machine doing when you get this error? When just first turned on? Has it just measured the baord and asked for the bit? When it first starts to cut? You might check that you flexible drive shaft is properly seated.

Ron Smith
01-14-2007, 06:48 AM
it gave me a 281 RPM sensor fault and told me to press stop. I shut off the machine, hit it with compressed air and vaccuumed all the dust out.

The RPM sensor is located on top of the router motor and reads the rpms of the motor. It is a small green sensor that is held in place by a set screw. Like Jeff mentioned, check to make sure your flex shaft is firmly seated in the motor by pushing it back firmly. I had this fault and this fixed mine and I haven't had it since.

Ron

JoeyZ
01-14-2007, 11:07 AM
It doesn't allow any letters. If I type a letter nothing happens. I tried typing it in, and even tried pasting the letters to no avail. I want the software to work more than 30 days but I can't get ahold of tech support either.

SpiffyDog
01-14-2007, 11:28 AM
JoeyZ,

Are you trying to enter the activation code into the demo version? Try re-installing the software that came with the machine and enter the code. I think that the demo version might be intentionally crippled for activation.

JoeyZ
01-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Nope, I have the machine in my garage and used the installation disk only. Never had it on there before and have even uninstalled and reinstalled it at this point. Heck I even did a system restore just to be sure it was gone. But it still won't accept the letter and won't let me activate it.

JCBROTZ
01-14-2007, 02:31 PM
try hitting the button that say's something like go to carveWright.com in there you shold be able to follow the prompt/buttons to get the code you need. I did it after reading the first part of this post.

JoeyZ
01-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Worked perfect. Thanks tons :D

JoeyZ
01-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Worked perfect. Thanks tons :D