PDA

View Full Version : US-Oregon

lynnfrwd
06-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Look here for carvers in Oregon.

SharonB
06-08-2011, 07:53 PM
I have had my Compucarve for a little over three years now. I live in the high desert of Central Oregon (Crooked River Ranch-Redmond area) and always have the coffee pot on for anyone wanting to visit and/or share information on this exciting hobby.

lynnfrwd
08-09-2011, 12:29 PM
I've got 4 folks from Oregon looking for a UsersGroup coordinator. Hopefully, someone in a central location!

(Wink Wink Nudge Nudge)

SharonB
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Where are your "folks" located Connie? In the Coast/Valley region or east of the Cascades (where I am). I'd certainly like to get together and share ideas.

lynnfrwd
08-09-2011, 05:21 PM
The Dalles, Lowell, Baker & Florence. There are almost 300 (at some point) registered users in Oregon. NOT that you have to fit all 300 in your home!! But there are enough in the area that would support multiple UserGroups. If we could get one started and then as others join, you could break off into areas that make more sense geographically. You, as a coordinator, can pass on that "hat" when ever you want to other members of the group.

As coordinator, you would be the one listed (along with any other future coordinators) for Oregon and would receive the potential UG members information when they fill out the form. You would contact them about a meeting. This could be at your place, someone else's workshop, or even at a restaurant, school or church at first.

SharonB
08-10-2011, 11:30 PM
Connie... I filled out a form for the User Group (on the Home Page) but I don't think it went through. If you didn't get it let me know and I'll fill it out again. Most of the cities you listed are a hundred miles or more away from me but there is always a chance that we might be able to come up with something....even it is a meeting once a year.

SharonB
08-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Thanks Connie for taking care of the form. I sure hope there are carvers (or anyone interested in the CW) here in Oregon that might want to get together.

Dodadd1
03-03-2013, 01:49 PM
Roseburg here.

SharonB
03-03-2013, 09:06 PM
Welcome....Nice to see someone from Oregon posting. Your a little ways from the Bend-Redmond area but if you ever get over this far I'd be happy to meet you. SharonB

Rocky3213
08-20-2018, 02:21 PM
I'm in Lowell, Or. I've not used my machine in a few years and need some help now and then. 5 minutes on the phone could save me hours.
I've made pistol grips in the past and now plan to diversify.
Peter R

SharonB
08-20-2018, 11:35 PM
Peter, I had to look on the map to see where Lowell was located. Seems you are on the other side of the mountains from Bend/Redmond. I haven't been all that active myself this last year but maybe I could answer a question or two for you. Send me a private message and I'll give you my phone number and maybe get you back up and using your machine. SharonB