PDA

View Full Version : registration required?

CarverJerry
06-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Why is it all of a sudden my designer is telling me I need to registar my designer program? The only thing I can think of is my computer did a windows update and I have been using this same computer for almost a year.
Is there anything I can do to get to work since LHR is closed this time of night?

CJ

TerryT
06-07-2011, 06:13 PM
Actually I think if you hurry you can still catch.

CarverJerry
06-07-2011, 06:32 PM
Nope, missed them, they must be one hour behind Ohio's time cuz it's little after 7pm and it said they close at 6pm. Now that burns my a$$ to no end. Come in here to do a quick little job and can't even open designer.........that SUCKS...

eelamb
06-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Jerry are you running any clean up software on your PC? If so this may be causing the registration loss. (just a thought) MS updates your computer monthly around the 10, sooner if necessary.

gregsolano
06-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Did you try logging into carvewrights home page? Once you do it will show you your computer and machine registration numbers. Enter the same registration number into designer and it should work. As long as you know your login name and password. Go to www.carvewright.com and click on customer login on the upper right hand corner. I just did it to see and it shows all my registrations.

CarverJerry
06-08-2011, 09:57 AM
Well I finally got it to work after 2 calls to the support team. Seems like it's a Win. 7 issue and updates to it. But I'm back up and running now, thanks for the advice. There isn't much you can do to fix it with out calling LHR and also found out I needed to be running the designer as administrator.

CJ

lynnfrwd
06-08-2011, 11:21 AM
One thing you can do is make sure that if you are only using Designer on one computer that your second computer install is available. In other words, don't leave an old computer still active in your Customer Account, if you don't need it. Deactivation of an old computer is something LHR has to do from our side. You can see the active computers through your Customer Account, but cannot deactivate them. We would need to know the Description (what you named it) and/or the Computer ID that it is using.

The computer ID is what the Project Designer software looks for to identify your registered computer. Anytime that computer ID changes, you lose your registration. This sometimes occurs when you make changes to your computer such as the BIOS, RAM, hardware or major operating system updates.

It is recommended that you:

Free unused registrations by calling LHR to deactivate.
Verify Designer is still registered after any major changes to your system.
Make any computer changes during LHR's business hours.
Cross your fingers that I have taken my laptop home over the weekend & can't keep my nose out of the forum.

There is also information under the LEARN menu at www.carvewright.com in SECTION 1.2 Re-installation Due to Hard Drive Failures, Changes to your System or New PC that may help you.

Regarding WINDOWS 7 & VISTA operating systems:
There is a special step that is required when installing the Project Designer software on these two operating systems. You have to physically right click on the installation icon and select "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" in order for the software installation to work correctly and not give you an "INVALID LICENSE CODE" error. These instructions are on the top of page two (for Windows) of the Software Installation Instructions for Mac or Windows Operating Systems found in Section 1.1 under the LEARN menu.

Never install the Project Designer software from an old disk. THROW IT AWAY. Always install from the website, also in Section 1.1 under the LEARN menu.

cestout
06-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Do I have to pay the $25 to get my old computer deleted?
Clint

lynnfrwd
06-08-2011, 02:09 PM
Absolutely NOT!

That is for issues that require elevated support and diagnosis. Not simple questions or issues like registration.

By the way, when you called awhile ago, did you want me to remove one of your registrations from an old computer? You mentioned it and then we got to talking about the START U program.

CarverJerry
06-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks for the advice Connie, my computer had been running perfect, made no changes that I knew of, but I don't ever turn this thing off and updates are automaticly done and that may be what caused it. And since it had been almost a year since I got this new computer I really don't remember if I ran it as administrator or not.......must be my getting old. But I do have a question about deactivating a computer. I was on hold waiting for someone to answer for like 15 mins (I use a cell phone) can we do this with email to the support team? I do have my laptop registared but don't hardly ever use it now that the wife is on line.
CarverJerry

lynnfrwd
06-08-2011, 04:02 PM
can we do this (deactivation) with email to the support team?
CarverJerry

Yes, just log into your Customer Account and send us an email with description & computer ID to support@carvewright.com or sales@carvewright.com and we can deactivate it.

If it is over the weekend or after hours, you may have to wait until we are back in the office and get through our emails.