PDA

View Full Version : Cribbage Board how to creat in designer

normd
06-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I am trying to design a cribbage board in designer .What are the best ways? My design is 3 rows of 5 holes in a box 1" x .5 then ? group it and copy and paste to get the long runs down the length of the board. then create the arcs at one end and the holes. any suggestions appreciated
Norm

gregsolano
06-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Here are a couple to look at. They were posted in the forums in the past. There are a couple of people who do a lot of cribbage boards so hopefully they will chime in for you. You can cut and past elements from the boards I am giving you as well. Have fun and let us see your finished pieces!

normd
09-13-2011, 01:35 PM
Got the board pretty good now I want a pocket on the back for the peg -no problem - except = how to run a slot on 3 sides for a cover to slid into. can't find a router bit to do it.

AskBud
09-13-2011, 01:56 PM
Got the board pretty good now I want a pocket on the back for the peg -no problem - except = how to run a slot on 3 sides for a cover to slid into. can't find a router bit to do it.
After you mill your pocket, I would use a router table and a dovetail bit to finish the sliding slot. At present, there is no safe way that I know of to accomplish this task on the CW.
AskBud

normd
09-13-2011, 02:50 PM
I wasn't thinking of using the CW but a key cutter or slotting saw with a bearing?? But the wedge of the dovetail bit is a good thought!

DickB
09-13-2011, 05:15 PM
I use a dovetail bit but I use a jig that I clamp onto the board, not a router table. BTW I use the same jig with a straight bit to cut the pocket.